My thoughts on the XY screen.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using the advanced menu last two days, to test the XY screen. Its easy to use, straight line leaning to the right, means a non ferous target. The straighter the line the better, the size of the line, indicates depth (long lines equal shallow targets). TIDs are displayed in the top right of screen....pretty small sized numbers though. In my mind, its merely a visual representation, of the sounds you hear when passing over a target. I does what it should, but we hear the worth of a target in our ears....so I dont think its for me, I like it, but I prefer TIDs represented in larger displayed numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=xp+deus+xy+screen+

I Like to use it sometimes in really trashy areas to help tell a nice solid target from from a Jumpy one.

The XY Axis can help distinguish bottle tops, can slaw and ring pulls especially, as the line gives them up most times by being all over the place.

It's an Interesting feature and some people swear by it. My main problem with it is when you need to change a setting you need to back out of it, make the change and then go back to the XY screen. Its like 6-8 button pushes. (first world problem I guess).

But a definite asset on those days when you just want to cherry pick an area and only dig solid signals.

Cheers Folks.

Clegy

Latest posts