My new weapon of choice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1999 GU ST Patrol wagon Auto 4.5L on dual fuel...thank god cause it drinks like a sailor, get good mileage on the lpg though. Just did a 800k round trip cost me $120 in lpg. I fitted the tyres and rims today had windows tinted last week also fitted UHF and led light bar.

1410164464_1.jpg
1410164479_3_1.jpg
1410164493_3_2.jpg
1410164512_4.jpg

You know you are devaluing the patrol by having a Toyota number plate surround!!!!!

Top stuff Stevo. I have had my 99 4.2td Patrol since new. Never had a problem with it and it is an absolute work horse. As far as the engine goes there is very little that can go wong with them. I doubt that you will regret the purchase. :cool:

Rastys 1964 said:
You know you are devaluing the patrol by having a Toyota number plate surround!!!!!

Yes your proably right there. :lol:

I bought the vehicle online off the Toyota dealer in Eden NSW, cant recomend these guys highly enough, they gave me a great price on the vehicle and arranged the transport to get it to me in Bathurst as I had no way of getting down to them to pick it up, wouldn't hesitate to buy another vehicle off them.

Dogmatic said:
Top stuff Stevo. I have had my 99 4.2td Patrol since new. Never had a problem with it and it is an absolute work horse. As far as the engine goes there is very little that can go wong with them. I doubt that you will regret the purchase. :cool:

Was after a 4.2TD but the prices they are asking are ridiculous, the 2.8TD are gutless and prone to overheating and the 3.0TD tend to go BANG, so in the end settled on the petrol 4.5.

Please oh please oh please do NOT get one of those 'back off' covers for the spare. I see them - any chance I will offer advice goes out the window. (I could also mention personalised plates, camo gear, small yappy dogs, but I would probably offend half the forum.) :lol:

Ive seen the back over spare covers :lol: , though I'm going to opt for a plain black one..Personal plates are a waste of money..I dont have any camo gear..yet and no small yappy dog, just one big black angry rottweiler :lol:

I had a 2.8TD GU for nearly 5 years. Was a great truck and I was very sad to see her go. Whack a 2 or 3" lift under it and a set of 33" tyres and the places they'll go is downright ridiculous.

Wouldn't call the 2.8 'prone to overheating' more like 'prone to head damage if they do happen to overheat' - I think you'll find your TB45 being a cast iron block and ally head would be in a similar boat should the same circumstances arise.

GU's are a very capable truck and good fun if you are into 4wd.

I'm happy with my Ford Maverick (Nissan Patrol) SWB 4.2petrol, what a beast they make some pretty grunty vehicles. I wish she was a turbo diesel but beggars cant be choosers. Looking for lift kit ideas to dream about, I can watch the needle go down quick but I think most beasts tend to be thirsty so happy to feed her for the return she provides in those 4wd situations!

Twapster said:
I'm happy with my Ford Maverick (Nissan Patrol) SWB 4.2petrol, what a beast they make some pretty grunty vehicles. I wish she was a turbo diesel but beggars cant be choosers. Looking for lift kit ideas to dream about, I can watch the needle go down quick but I think most beasts tend to be thirsty so happy to feed her for the return she provides in those 4wd situations!

They are the best 4wd to ever hit our shore. I have a turbo diesel 4.2 Gq wagon, have done a lot to the old fridge.
Need any info on lift etc just ask mate.

Reeks said:
Twapster said:

They are the best 4wd to ever hit our shore. I have a turbo diesel 4.2 Gq wagon, have done a lot to the old fridge.
Need any info on lift etc just ask mate.

Landcruiser very over rated, but still a good machine.

Latest posts