My new 'Wal' inspired High Banker :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin&Lee

Colin&Lee
Reaction score
;)

1363945723_dscf7200.jpg

1363945686_dscf7201.jpg

Cheers

Col

Might be a bit small, WAhhhh ah ah , :D
just kidding, I am doing the same at the moment but it will be a small type trommel made out of 240 diamter poly pipe using a 6V toy car motor to rotate the trommel tube.
Hope it gets to the final stage and gets the gold. Keep us posted on the project as you go and I am quiet sure wal will put in a bit input into the design as I will be asking a few questions when I start building the little porta trommel.
Good luck
Brad...

Hopefully it's generated a few chuckles ;). Micro gold finishing sluice I like :D

I'm hoping to get it to final stage have been getting some crazy expensive fabrication quotes.

Cheers

Col

Hey Nugget,

First quote was $600 and the last one was (pause for dramatic effect) $1100. That's just for cut, bend rivet and or weld :/

I'm currently in negotiations with an ex-employer of mine to build a monster powered sluice with detachable hopper (essentially a long hybrid high-banker). They are a multi million dollar complex and have all the necessary gear. I'll let you know what price they get back to me with but I'm almost certain it will under $400-$500. If you have all the dimensions etc we might be able to work something out.

Maybe not quite the monster that you are used to working with but its 60" long not including the flare :lol:

aushunter said:
Might be a bit small, WAhhhh ah ah , :D
just kidding, I am doing the same at the moment but it will be a small type trommel made out of 240 diamter poly pipe using a 6V toy car motor to rotate the trommel tube.
Hope it gets to the final stage and gets the gold. Keep us posted on the project as you go and I am quiet sure wal will put in a bit input into the design as I will be asking a few questions when I start building the little porta trommel.
Good luck
Brad...

How great is that Brad...bloke goes fishing for a weekend and comes back to find Col has been playing with his tooth pics again.... :D certainly would recommend a back up sluice once the water starts running.Cheers Wal. :)

Colin&Lee said:
Hey Nugget,

First quote was $600 and the last one was (pause for dramatic effect) $1100. That's just for cut, bend rivet and or weld :/

Hey Col....If you put those tooth pics back into the jar, I'm sure i can get a mate to knock one up for you at no more than $300. ;) Your origami lessons are coming along really well...I'm truly impressed....Cheers Wal. :)

Looking forward to seeing it riveted together :) ....won't be long before it can have a test run at GG. ;) cheers Wal. :)

Cheers Wal :D
Starting to get excited now. $100 bucks for the metal and about 40 minutes to cut with a jigsaw. Going to have a go at bending it up over the weekend, off the edge of the deck.

Cheers

Colin

Like the old saying goes....Doesn't have to look like a million dollars....so long as it makes you a million dollars.. ;) ..nothing wrong with being optimistic. ;) Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts