My first private property permission :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal

Luke Atkins
Reaction score
Got to go and check out my new permission today. I found a few semi deep shafts and heap of broken up quartz. Brought home about 2-3 kg and I have found some gold in it so I will definitely be going back there. Due to it being very remote I reckon they would have only taken quartz with good visible gold in it so there should be heaps more down there. The property owner was very nice and she drove all the way down to the corner of her property and showed me where the diggings are and told me I am welcome to come back any time. I love it when a plan comes together ! I also found a Bren Gun Carrier down there that was once used to pull logs out of the forest. There was hardly any rubbish at all I got ONE bullet (wow) and a couple of little bits of an old wire fence. Once I got home and loaded my new waypoints on to google earth I noticed that there is a big water race nearby and what looks like more diggings in a line from where I was. On the next spur across my mate has a mine on the same line of reef that produces really good gold so I am considering going back to this spot and digging out more of the reef to run through my crusher.
:)

Excellent! I hope you find heaps there.
Sounds a good adventure too.

Keep us updated of how you get on.

Latest posts