My first gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzz

Buzz
Reaction score
Well I did a little pan sampling this arvo , testing 3 little areas I've been looking at and picked up my first piece of yellow ? couldn't beleive how excited I was when it popped out of the black sand. It's only tiny but it's my first and I've only started prospecting since I picked up a new pan last weekend. Can't post pic yet as not enough posts but I'd like to give credit to Walnliz as I've watched all there YouTube vids and have learned at lot and one of the vids gave me the idea to look in this particular area other wise I would have walked over and not even taken noticed so thanks. I think I've got the fever :D

Another one bites the dust.

Well done mate. Practice, practice, practice with panning to get all the gold to the bottom corner of the pan.

Cheers

Awesome feeling that first one, had mine 4 weeks ago and it's all I think about now.
Congrats Buzz and hopefully it's the first of many mate.

Congrats Buzz,...the first few bits are always the hardest, and one thing with gold, it likes to hang out amongst other little bits. Good luck on the next trip mate.

Cheers Wal.

Good on ya mate, if your still learning to pan its a great idea to keep a bit of lead shot in ya pan if its still in there at the end you should also still have all the gold :D

Thanks guys , good idea dunollyman, I've been bringing some buckets of material home to practice in a tub and your idea will definitely help if I'm using the right technique and not losing anything. I'll be out there tomorrow for another crack.

Latest posts