More questions..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
Does the 6k and 7k have motion speed responce settings?
And do either of them have target I'd volume settings?

By motion speed response I will assume you are referring to the speed settings on the 5000 such as Motion Speed: Fast, Slow, etc.
There is nothing like that on the 7000. I've only had my 7000 for 8 years now so I might have missed that setting.

Regards Axtyr.

I believe with the GPZ the motion speed is automatically assigned depending on your settings i.e. high yield, general, extra deep.
Much like using the pre sets on the GPX4500/5000 but not adjustable.
Target volume is much the same, assigned by settings I believe & there is some adjustment via threshold volume + audio smoothing.

The GPX6000 I believe does similar based on sensitivity setting/auto & feedback from Geosense but doesn't have any threshold adjustment as such. The sensitivity settings (IMO only) acts very similar to an audio smoothing type setting & really doesn't overly affect sensitivity as such greatly. Even on low settings it's still very sensitive.

The coils attached may also feed into this? Not sure.

Got a chance to use the 17" GPX6000 coil in some ground I knew had deep goodies. Previously had thought there wasn't too much depth gain with this coil but was pleasantly surprised (& a bit sore after digging a few deep holes). Makes me think that the GPX6000 may also adjust things to suit the coil attached? Unfortunately not a lot of info from Minelab on the 6000 or Geosense other than basics.
BC needs to give us a knowledge based article with more in-depth info on how it all works.

By motion speed response I will assume you are referring to the speed settings on the 5000 such as Motion Speed: Fast, Slow, etc.
There is nothing like that on the 7000. I've only had my 7000 for 8 years now so I might have missed that setting.

Regards Axtyr.
I believe that "locate patch" compensates for speed of swing and pace of walk, I think you lose a little sensitivity, however, it does make the machine a little quieter when covering ground more quickly than a slow deliberate swing.

I believe that "locate patch" compensates for speed of swing and pace of walk, I think you lose a little sensitivity, however, it does make the machine a little quieter when covering ground more quickly than a slow deliberate swing.
Would be preset in the background for each setting. Sweep speed/motion would be preset something like:
Locate patch - Fast
High Yield - Medium
General - Slow
Extra Deep - Very Slow

Latest posts