More bits with the trusty Garrett !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal

Luke Atkins
Reaction score
Been going to a new spot nice and close to home. It's a reef working and I have been getting some nice specimens there. Time to take the rake on the next visit !
IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

Loving the AT Gold for the price I paid. It has already paid for itself in 6 months with coins and gold !

Lookin' great there hm, must have been a pretty rich lot of shafts in that area. Good luck after you rake the area clean.

Cheers Wal.

And they were found with the AT gold?!? I knew they where good but i didn't realise they where THAT good! Hopefully i start finding some of that soon

Wow! What a beautiful collection HM! Nicely done mate.

Keep'em coming. Look forward to seeing the results after some careful raking!
Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Nice species there with the Garrett mate. Now to the research books, "where the rich reefs were not far from Kinglake", heh heh, just kidding. :D

Nice to see the AT Gold holding its own. Heavymetal, you might be able to assist with my post 'New Set Up' For some reason its a question most avoid but if you are happy to, what are your thoughts?

Wow, thats a great advertisment for the AT Gold. How do you find it handles hotrocks? Or is it like every other VLF 180000 hotrocks for every speck of gold?

Ben78 said:
Wow, thats a great advertisment for the AT Gold. How do you find it handles hotrocks? Or is it like every other VLF 180000 hotrocks for every speck of gold?
You get used to the hot rocks. I have a saying with the vlf machines "Swing atleast 3 times and if the target is still there and sounds the same both ways then it's not a hot rock" You can ground balance most of the hot rocks out. It does really struggle in the GT so I try to stick to the lesser know gold fields close to home !

Well done. My grandson runs a VLF (XTerra) over the reef dumps and what he gets with species like yours amazes me. I believe the VLFs have an absolute niche on dumps and clear mullock especially with the little coils. And there are hundreds of dumps and mullock heaps!!! In the early days the VLFs WERE the machines so there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. I agree they can get cranky on the hotter ground in the triangle. Yours are a great find and a very good advertisement that you don't need to spend big $$$ to pull in some good finds. On the TV show 'Diggers', the two blokes use Garretts (I think) and do very well on relics as well.

Hi HM,

I'm a new member to this forum, I had Nugget post me your links as I am thinking of buying my first detector. By the looks of your finds I am guessing that you would recommend this machine.

Thanks for the pics, almost convinced to get one but a little bit more research.

Cheers
Petts

Latest posts