Minelab gpz 19 inch coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone out there using the gpz 19 inch coil ? If so is it worth buying and using one ? Does it punch considerably deeper than the 14 inch coil? Any advice will be greatly appreciated

I'll go with punch deeper as for is it worth buying or using would depend greatly on the area / type of country you usually detecting ?

yes it go bit deeper but its a pig to use bigger coil more ground its assessing, more noise, good coil on a good or the right day, if the moons r aligning worth its money mmmm? yes and no. find a patch i use 12" nf then std coil then right day right conditions 19", wouldn't pay anymore than 500 bucks for one for the amount u going to use it

yes it go bit deeper but its a pig to use bigger coil more ground its assessing , more noise ,good coil on a good or the right day, if the moons r aligning worh its money mmmm.yes and no. find a patch i use 12,, nf then std coil then right day right conditions 19,, wound pay anymore than 500 bucks for one for the amount u going to use it
Thanks for your reply Jacko. Good to hear from you. I hope everything is going well for you.

The people I've spoken to rarely fit the 19" coil on the 7000 and therefore it's not paid for its self. I've got a 19" NF for the 4500 and it really is a nice light coil for its size but the inconvenience of the extra size means it rarely gets fitted. If it ever found anything better than a gram piece it might encourage me to use it more but in the end I cover a lot more ground with the smaller coils and find more gold because I can use them for hours at a time.

The people I've spoken to rarely fit the 19" coil on the 7000 and therefore it's not paid for its self. I've got a 19" NF for the 4500 and it really is a nice light coil for its size but the inconvenience of the extra size means it rarely gets fitted. If it ever found anything better than a gram piece it might encourage me to use it more but in the end I cover a lot more ground with the smaller coils and find more gold because I can use them for hours at a time.
Have to agree, got given one months ago and as yet haven't even bothered to swing it. Weight being the biggest put off đź‘Ť

Well that seals it for me Phil. I'll carry on using the standard 14 inch coil. Thanks for your reply

Latest posts