Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The claim about being more sensitive than the SDC and GM I find hard to believe, I've found plenty of bits with the GM that don't register on the scales, even when you pop 3 tiny bits on, they're as small as the tiny flecks you pan in creeks and can only be heard with the 5" coil and headphones, so I really can't see an 11" coil hitting them regardless of the technollogy, but on the .05g and up maybe it'll be competitive.

Time will tell PP ,
And yes its all about technology and Minelab have it, they make the detectors. Comparing their claims on performance I find it interesting they use the same style of graph (stars) as they did when they released the 7K and compared it to the other detectors, time has shown they got it about right with their claims. A big company like them have their own legal people to protect themselves from liability so if they were to publish documents claiming 4 times more performance then I assure you they won't be far off the mark or it will cost them millions. So based on that Im sure it will be good. BUT if folks are sceptical just chill out and time will tell.
ciao Johno

I've found 2 nuggets at 0.01gr with the 5000 and a 12 x 7 Advantage as well as a 3gr down deeper with a 15" Mono. I've found a part of a silver plated spoon handle at 60 cm (2 foot for the oldies) deep with the SDC.

SWMBO reckons that's small enough and deep enough to not need to spend any more $$$$ and I think that will likely be the number one reason many won't upgrade, lol.

I have no doubt that ML have done their homework both in the development side and the legal side , but they are selling a new product and I would love to see the other side of the coin ,as in what are the negatives ? they say it is more sensitive than the SDC maybe and also better than the 45 and the 5 for depth, I run a 45 and have found a .13 at 4 inch with a 12in NF evo ,and a 5 gr at 18 in with my 17x13 evo, I love my 45 you can do so much with it as in coils, settings etc I am a bit anti turn on and it will do everything for you no skills needed but will be interesting to see the reports, but also be ready for the 20oz nugget finds at a metre deep crap to start turning up lol.PP

Patrick1 said:
Seems like a money-grab to me. There's not enough difference between the 5000 and 7000 for another machine. We can well imagine the hefty price tag the 6000 will have.
It just doesn't make sense.
I will, however, wait and see just like everyone else.
My thinking is the geosensing will be the new tech and what that is is still to be divulged.
I have faith in minelab giving value for money and will be giving the 6000 a good run at some spots
i,ve earmarked special.Roll on the 6. :)

maldongold said:
Patrick1 said:
Seems like a money-grab to me. There's not enough difference between the 5000 and 7000 for another machine. We can well imagine the hefty price tag the 6000 will have.
It just doesn't make sense.
I will, however, wait and see just like everyone else.
My thinking is the geosensing will be the new tech and what that is is still to be divulged.
I have faith in minelab giving value for money and will be giving the 6000 a good run at some spots
i,ve earmarked special.Roll on the 6. :)

This will be the thing, maybe for an experienced operator who knows his machine it won't do much, but it might well give a new comer more of an edge and let them hear a nugget others have missed. And if it doesn't atleast I'll have them cheap on gumtree in 6 months time, when they've all given up!
You can hear the cry's of nooooo to a new comer friendly machine coming from the more experienced guys ;)

"GeoSense PI technology (automatically) responds to ground signals (with) clarity and precision, so you (can detect) difficult environments once (thought) undetectable.
It rapidly supresses unwanted signals via three overlapping feedback systems for superfast detection of even the tiniest gold pieces."
The above is from what looks to be a brochure/advertisement for the GPX6000 (below). The right hand side of it is cut off so the words in brackets above are a guess at what it might say in full.
It gives away enough to know that GeoSense is a type of new automatic ground tracking system.
1611720865_1611183056_fb_img_1611166543171.thumb.jpg.cdc97f2213be7820fb0f5d7c6c726c6e.jpg

My current thought bubble, bear with me,

From what i saw in the Dubai video, it takes 1-2 minutes to fully switch on,
About the same time it takes for a GPS to acquire & lock on to satellites,
I could be in the middle of Victoria, middle of WA or the middle east, I know where I am, the GPS lets
6000/Geosense know where it is, perhaps with as good as 1-5 metre resolution.

It can now choose the most appropriate settings & timings for the location from known data fields stored in its internal memory,
This could be a very narrow range of settings for a well known location to a very broad range of settings for new locations.
Latest CPU's can easily perform billions of calculations per second,
So as fast as I can walk and swing, it can update (& store if necessary) the optimal settings.

Worth noting;
There has been a world wide shortage of CPU's over the last year or so & could explain the delay in its release,
The patents are locked till Feb 9th which I think is a first for Minelab.

DD

PS
"IF" any of my musings are even vaguely accurate its potentally an easier machine to reverse engineer.
From a marketing point of view it requires saturation sales to capture market share before clones become rife.
It could also have a self destruct capability in case of hacking or modding etc.

DD

Or,
A GPS as we know uses triangulation in a 3d
environment to work out where it is.
One of those points is incorrect so a certain point
that is mathematically incorrect is removed.

Maybe they are using 3 or 4 types of signalling and
removing the spurious one that is not mathematically correct.

This is going to be interesting... :coffee: :coffee:

Seems to be a few relatively new SDCs, 4500 & 5000 for sale of late. Wonder what they are saving for? :cool:

Was out at Inglewood today, used the 7000 - collected more lead shot. Thought I'd give the Modified 5000 for a run with the 8x12 EVO due to the dense forest - continued collecting more lead shot. Just goes to prove (in my eyes) the 5000 can be "tuned" to most every occasion. Keen to see the 6000 up against the other ML detectors.

A-team said:
Was out at Inglewood today, used the 7000 - collected more lead shot. Thought I'd give the Modified 5000 for a run with the 8x12 EVO due to the dense forest - continued collecting more lead shot. Just goes to prove (in my eyes) the 5000 can be "tuned" to most every occasion. Keen to see the 6000 up against the other ML detectors.

I think the 6K is the real deal.

The comparison will be based upon GPX 5000 with 11" commander mono coil vs GPX 6000 with it's new 11" Coil. marketing, marketing, marketing!

davent said:
The 6K is more sensitive to small gold compared to a zed with the standard coil.
I'd be more interested to know if its more sensitive to large deep gold compared to the 7 with the standard cool :)
Finding small fly-sh*t with the 7 hasnt been an issue and I am not sure I really want to find anything smaller :)
All gold is good gold...but my patience has certain limits!!

mbasko said:
"GeoSense PI technology (automatically) responds to ground signals (with) clarity and precision, so you (can detect) difficult environments once (thought) undetectable.
It rapidly supresses unwanted signals via three overlapping feedback systems for superfast detection of even the tiniest gold pieces."
The above is from what looks to be a brochure/advertisement for the GPX6000 (below). The right hand side of it is cut off so the words in brackets above are a guess at what it might say in full.
It gives away enough to know that GeoSense is a type of new automatic ground tracking system.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...humb.jpg.cdc97f2213be7820fb0f5d7c6c726c6e.jpg
I read the patent that I think applies...the 6000 may well include a digital signal processor that alters the signal to noise ratio....Thats if I am reading it correctly :)
https://patents.justia.com/patent/10838103
"7.The receive signal is then communicated to a processor for the step of determining a noise in the receive signal or a signal to noise ratio of the receive signal 9. The processor may also process the signal in other ways to assist the detection of a target. Once step 9 is performed, it is followed by the step 11 of estimating, based on either the noise, or the signal to noise ratio, or both, an effective detection depth of one or more types of electrically conductive targets in the soil."

Latest posts