Minelab Gold Monster 1000 experience

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As much as I try to like my GM1000, I just can not find a single thing with it. It screams at everything and if you turn down the sensitivity it just doesn’t see anything notable. Even to the point where you can turn it on while holding it in the air, it will warble away at nothing when you have it set to max sensitivity.

As per everything I have read, you pump it up and down on the ground for it to sample the area etc… but my one won’t ever get stable, not even on my front lawn. The only way to get it to something that resembles stable is in Auto 1 or 2 modes. Even then the iron and minerals in the ground once you go out in to the field drives it crazy.

Was interesting when I went out a few weeks back with some very experienced mates. He found a sub 0.1 grammer With his Gold Bug. So I tried with the GM1000 and it could only pick it up if I was in manual mode. Absolutely no tone at all in either auto mode. Showed up well in manual, but then so did everything else with the heavy mineralisation.

I dunno, very frustrating device. Even the blokes I were with said they would wrap it around a tree if they owned one.

Had another try on my front lawn yesterday. The speaker warbles away as soon as you turn it on in the air, with either coil. I’m sure my GM has an issue as it never used to do that.

Unfortunately it’s now two and a half years old and out of warranty. Never found a single spec with it in its lifetime. Ah well, put that one down as money well spent… 🤣

Why don't you call Minelabs and ask the techs about it, if it has been sitting around, that is not a good thing to find.

You may just work it out with them on the phone.

Or try a Dealer. A good dealer. Maybe even Phase Tech - Nenad from this Forum.

Latest posts