Maxkon Metal Detector Waterproof w LCD Display Adjustable Sensitivity

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTKooAu

Grant Westbrook
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sister bought one of these on eBay, all brand new only cost $89.00 delivered!!!!.

http://www.myshopping.com.au/GO--1222880775_shopping

Please don't..... 'Bucket of bolts' is a better description.

It would detect an 8 inch stainless steel dogs water bowl from 2 inches away, but wouldn't register a 50 coin. She got a full refund from the seller, quite promptly, so 5 stars feedback on the refund.

Thought the brand name was apt.

Thanks AU....so what you're saying is I probably should hang on to the GPX just a little bit longer. :D Makes you wonder what these guys must be thinking.

At least it'll avoid all the deep junk. I've heard the Aldi detectors aren't too bad for a cheap detector.

I think its quite comical on evilbay how you can buy a Chinese made detector for the princely sum of $130 odd dollars , and the seller claims it will go 1-3 metres deep .
They don't mention the fact that to scan 3 metres deep , you have to first dig a 3 metre deep hole....
Think they would at least throw some cheap made folding shovel in to sweeten the deal.... :lol:

I love this place. Some of the comments are pure gold!

Thanks AU....so what you're saying is I probably should hang on to the GPX just a little bit longer. :lol:

At least it'll avoid all the deep junk.

They don't mention the fact that to scan 3 metres deep , you have to first dig a 3 metre deep hole....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I actually bought one of those for my wife to play with and am surprised at how sensitive it is.
The build quality is what you would expect for the money but it does work.
At the beach it had no problems picking up small lead sinkers about 3mm across, small brass swivels, tiny pieces of rusted fish hooks as well as all the normal junk. It also found the remains of a corroded .22 brass cartridge that consisted of just a small piece of the base. Deepest target was over 6" down. The discrimination also works to a degree.

Hi Guys,
You are going to think I have lost my mind, but I also own two of the Maxcon cheap detecters, had one for 15 months.....found heaps with it including rings, gold and silver, down to a depth of 8 inches or more on a coin....I have a test site at my place, and the Maxcon has no trouble finding what my Minelab 305 finds.....I can only think that the guys who find this detecter cheap and nasty, just don't know how to set it up......no complaints with the built quality either......I was down the beach this morning, on wet sand, no trouble whatsoever.

Latest posts