MAN vs ROO Should he loose his job as a zoo keepeer? !!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-au/video/watch/david-campbell-says-man-who-punched-roo-should-be-sacked/vi-AAlbHKU?ocid=spartandhp
1481001788_roo.jpg
So here is a bloke out hunting pigs not Roo's with his mates and saves the roo from who knows what or his dogs for that matter :lol: but then he defends himself as it appears the kangaroo is gunna have a go if he turns his back to it and gives it a right hook...The question is do you think it is self-defence or a case of animal cruelty. Personally apart from getting a good laugh out of it I think he would of been kicked and ripped open by the roo if he didn't do what he did...http://au.complex.com/life/2016/12/man-punch-kangaroo-viral-story Here is the original video that was posted with audio ....What do you think? :eek: :eek: Should he loose his job just because his a zookeeper.... :rolleyes: I dont think so

I don't think he did anything wrong. I mean really he saved the roo and the dog. The roo would have undoubtedly ripped the pooch a new 1, and they were out hunting so the roo us lucky it just copped a smack in the chops and didn't get shot. The bloke backed off and the roo advanced on him. Self defence your honour. Also being a zoo keeper its hardly like he doesn't have a love and respect for animals.

You could see the roo had the dog around its neck and was trying to steal the attached pouch of nuggets. Gotta teach these roos respect for another's gold.
I understand that one tried to steal Vstrom's gold and he had to defend his finds with his detector. We can't let this behaviour get out of control :cool:

That roo was about to choke that dog out...UFC style...lol..and the dog looked as though he didnt want to hurt the roo..........plus ya wouldn't call that a punch.......more of a ....hay .....pay attention to me slap......seems there was no need for the strike though.....:D

Yep uncommon sense prevailed. Better for the Roo's head than old mates hand I reckon...but at least he got to walk away with whats gonna be a funny story when retold. :D

What a case of overkill. If it had been m, and that was my dog, then rule 303 would have applied.

Come on, this is survival in nature. What would the roo have done with the dog? Who knows. But worst case, it would have killed the dog. That is nature in its proper wild form. So survival of the fittest if you wish, but I would have shot the roo.

As it turns out, the bloke won't lose his job. They will council him to make sure the bleeding hearts are sort of happy, and then the whole thing will go away.

Just remember, if you ever get involved in something like this, don't put it on social media. DUH!

It's always a hard call isn't it. It's really how we each perceive it. I lost my best 4 legged mate to a nasty roo by drowning so I don't have a lot of sympathy. Then again if he punched the dog in the face I bet a lot of people would change their tune. And one step further I watched a Shearer get snotted right and proper after punching a prize ram in the snout after taking a pretty wild head but with the horns by the farmer who owned the ram. Didn't really know who's side I was on that day either.
Any way they went on their merry way pretty much unscathed this time round so no harm no foul in my estimate.

No he shouldn't, saved one of man's best friends for God sake, who suggested he should. Who ever did should be done for animal cruelty imo.

I'd like to put David Campbell in that situation and see his reaction ? Well his reaction apart from the shite running down his leg that is :D
Just another case of someone commenting on a situation they know nothing about. The dog scarpers pretty damn quick but .................. he'd had enough :D
Have to agree with Phoenix I'm afraid I'd have shot it as I'm not sure I'd have had the balls to do what this bloke did. I think he defused the situation with least harm to all parties and well done by him.
As for the punches ..................... both times watch the roos feet ..................... they do not move back a fraction of an inch ..................... he wasn't hurt.

Dog didn't get damaged, roo didn't get shot for damaging the dog, keeper didn't get fired for slapping the roo.....so what is the problem?

Roos that size can be dangerous, and it looks like it was going to have a go at the keeper as well until it was slapped - and what would the keepers do later with a roo that felt it could have a go at them? Seems all commonsense to me.

No the rspca needs to come down hard on this fella.
Amongst everything else dangerous in this country now roos know how to throw a right fricken hook.

He should give the dog a bit of a clip round the ear too , as a pig hunting dog ( ie. has a collar and breastplate on ) the dog shouldn't even be going anywhere near enough to a roo for it to be headlocked like that , the 2 dogs obviously had gone in and stirred the roo up at some stage for that situation to occur .

Have seen young wolfhounds out on the hunt do similar silly things like sticking their heads down Wombat holes when they hear one growling and carrying on down in its burrow , and if you don't teach them quick not to go chasing them there is always the chance the dog is gonna end up with half it face ripped off .

I've had a mate who had to go head first down a Wombat hole to retrieve a young dog who was silly enough to go into a tunnel and had got the Breastplate/collar hooked up on an exposed tree root in there and was stuck a good 8 or 9 ft into the tunnel .

It was his lucky day to get into the dog before the wombat got to it from the other end.

They are out there to hunt pigs , that is what they are supposed to be trained on , that is all they should have eyes for full stop.

And in saying that, his action of punching the roo when it squared up to him is a pretty harmless thing and the best outcome for all involved IMO.

A good point re the dog Dirtdemon - it should not have been near the roo....the roo was basically protecting itself. Otherwise I said it in my last post.

roo was back on its tail just before he punched it .... fella was only protecting himself from a kick/rip from the roo in my books!

Latest posts