Life's An Adventure

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrisJoe

Joe
Reaction score
The last few days I've had time to contemplate my life living under a rock and not being able to really live.

Watching the movie, The secret life of Walter Mitty the other day, has given me motivation to make a plan to do stuff before I'm too old to do it.
Not so much a bucket list of sorts, but this is what I've got so far...it's mostly planned as a photographic tour.

2nm6h.jpg

So what have you guys got on your lists?

ONYA BJ. hava crack. :D is that list in chinese ? whoops, got me glasses on upside down. :p it is a good book- did it in English class way back before we changed to orztralien. I think the original film was with Walter Mattheau ? great stuff if you can do it. Go well. :cool:

Good onya

Its not illegal to have a dream

So why not Create a dreamscape , bucket list or wish list in front of you and there might be more of a tendency for it to manifest

If that's how you can create a meaningful existence for yourself mate , go for it

Strap that rocket on your back and get to it. :)

I had a dream to see the world but my ex robbed me and carved the flesh off my bones , so I do it on a budget instead by logging in to google images and checking out a few photos of each country instead

It's not too bad , I get hardly any noticeable jet lag that way

Hehe I'm an untamed beast with a desire to run free, but the missus is the tamer and she has a BIG whip. My only problem is she has no desire to travel or be adventurous and loves just shooting my dreams down. Like I have the ability to achieve my list within the next 10yrs before I turn 40 and with her attitude towards these things, I might have to do it all alone, especially the wilderness hiking to some of the remote sites and national parks on my list (she Hayes the Bush, always obsessing that a crazy killer will come get me in the Bush) and it will also save me a few $ on airfares too lol

Great movie, reestablishes the importance of taking a risk or setting a big goal.

I am on a plane tomorrow morning, had the opportunity to jump on a friend of a friend's bucket list item; ride a Harley through Death Valley and go to the Reno air race/show. Cost me a week with the kids sapphire prospecting so the wife could go see the cherry blossoms in Japan with some friends. :D I try not to count other costs as they tend to get in the way of the right decision.

I like to set a 5 and 10 year plan and revisit it a couple of times a year.

Heck BrisJoe..sure we are not married to the same woman :D

I got plenty of dreams too but she aint interested in any of them. Spending 6 months on a prospecting trip across Oz is one of my dreams and going on an extended motorbike ride across Oz is another. Maybe I could combine the two and travel the country as the 'Prospecting Biker'...that would be unreal, oh but wait, hang on, there is that whip again :mad:

Best of luck with your plans man, have a crack I say.

Cheers

yes the whip has ruined many mens plans over the years keep dreaming or life will be short ;)

MJB said:

I got plenty of dreams too but she aint interested in any of them. Spending 6 months on a prospecting trip across Oz is one of my dreams and going on an extended motorbike ride across Oz is another. Maybe I could combine the two and travel the country as the 'Prospecting Biker'...that would be unreal, oh but wait, hang on, there is that whip again :mad:

Cheers

Saw a great set up for the GPX to go into motorbike panniers at Hill End last weekend. Ray, if my shitty name memory doesn't get the best of me, used a carbon fibre extendable camera pole for his shaft. Sorry 'mate' if I have got it wrong.

As I have a BMW adventure bike on my wish list, it made my dream one step closer to reality......one day.

MJB said:

Cheers

Yeeeahhh, better rethink that name, otherwise the government will be the one cracking the whip.

You need to be the "Prospecting Motorcycle Enthusiast" lol

richo966 said:
yes the whip has ruined many mens plans over the years keep dreaming or life will be short ;)

Seems to be a whip thing going on here :p the crash of the lash. yeehaa. tecting in the Caribbean etc would;nt be too bad either.

LOL...

The name sounds meaner than reality....if only you saw my bike....the government would just stand there and laugh and let me on my merry way.
1410083486_knee_pads.jpg

Just need a sidecar to fit all my prospecting gear and I'm set :D

Cheers

Well good thing is I've started looking at holiday packages for the US to get those parts of my list done and dusted.
Good thing is I've got 6 weeks holiday banked up and come Feb I get my annual bonus from work so can use that to pay the trip.

Does anybody have any recommendations for tours of the US national parks in the mid west?

I would love to do a prospecting trip in the US as well, but time is a factor as well as I'm not too sure if customs would hold me up brining gold nuggets into the country under some random quarantine or tax rule. So I'll save that for my cross country Aussie prospecting trip

"This is ground control to Major Tom..." - Its a great movie if someone has not seen "The secret life of walter mitty" watch it if you can, I recon I go into a dreamland in my head just as he does lol

You go for the trip BrisJoe when you can mate! I kinda wish I had the chance to do a Tom Hanks in "Castaway" survival mode somewhere.. but smarter 8)

Some great geology to explore east of LA, you definitely need to convert your dreams into reality
1410323486_image.jpg