Letter for permission

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justoverthehill

Wandering around looking at rocks
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has a standard letter that asks a company for permission to prospect on their Exploration tenements. Thought I might try and talk to a company and ask for permission before doing a 40E

I've always broken the ice with a phone call first and had probably 50% positive feedback over the years. Attitude and good manners goes a long way in convincing these companies, and where I've had most success is when I've taken out a 40E adjoining a company claim and gotten permission to detect the fringe areas of their claim, where no active machinery is being used.

By making the calls you can quite often reference previous calls to other companies where you have had success....it all helps.

Never ever go on a claim and plead ignorance, as not only will you get fined but many of the larger companies have black lists and you will ruin all future attempts to gain access.

I've always broken the ice with a phone call first and had probably 50% positive feedback over the years. Attitude and good manners goes a long way in convincing these companies, and where I've had most success is when I've taken out a 40E adjoining a company claim and gotten permission to detect the fringe areas of their claim, where no active machinery is being used.

By making the calls you can quite often reference previous calls to other companies where you have had success....it all helps.

Never ever go on a claim and plead ignorance, as not only will you get fined but many of the larger companies have black lists and you will ruin all future attempts to gain access.

Hi WalnLiz
I'll call first and see if I can have a chat and ask for permission before doing a 40E. I have always stuck to pending or open ground and defiantly don't want to be on the bad side of any mining companies, especially since I want to prospect as my part time job :)

With some of the ones you called and had no success in getting permission, did you then just do the 40E?

Hi WalnLiz
I'll call first and see if I can have a chat and ask for permission before doing a 40E. I have always stuck to pending or open ground and defiantly don't want to be on the bad side of any mining companies, especially since I want to prospect as my part time job :)

With some of the ones you called and had no success in getting permission, did you then just do the 40E?

I never work open ground or pending ground as I have spent many years working both mining leases and 40E permit zones. It's taken a long time to gain trust of some of the larger companies, but once that trust is earned permission has never been a problem. In the early days I mainly took out 40E permits on the perimeters of the active mining leases, as that way I knew the gold was in that area.

Most of the time I would drive up to their on site offices and introduce myself letting them know where I was working. I always told them that any nuggets found outside their lease I would give them the info. I always backed up what I said, even if the area was a dud, I would let them know before I left. That always gained me positive support for future trips. You get out of something only if you put into something.

Latest posts