Laverton and Leonora road conditions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
Update
All dirt roads including station tracks are still closed within the Leonora and Laverton shire ,
STAY OFF THE CLOSED ROADS
CLOSED IS CLOSED
You cut the roads up it delays the repairs

With the WA prospecting season not too far away
Here is a couple of tips for you
There has been a huge amount of rain in the goldfields a lot of roads are still closed and the usual tracks are no longer there they are now rivers of very soft mud
In some areas there has been over 400mm fallen since January
Check with the local pastoralist about conditions of the tracks
If you get bogged your on your own.
Make sure you have a GPS , so you can track your way back to your camp or vehicle
Let someone know where you are and when your coming back
Keep regular contacts with family or friends
UHF ch 40 is also a good point of contact if your in trouble as many minesites and truck use 40
UHF ch 12 is monitored 24/7 if your in the Murrin Murrin area this base has a range of about 40kl
A PLB / EPIRB is cheap insurance if things go bad it could save your life or someone else

Stay safe everyone

Update
All dirt roads including station tracks are still closed within the Leonora and Laverton shire ,
STAY OFF THE CLOSED ROADS
CLOSED IS CLOSED
You cut the roads up it delays the repairs

With the WA prospecting season not too far away
Here is a couple of tips for you
There has been a huge amount of rain in the goldfields a lot of roads are still closed and the usual tracks are no longer there they are now rivers of very soft mud
In some areas there has been over 400mm fallen since January
Check with the local pastoralist about conditions of the tracks
If you get bogged your on your own.
Make sure you have a GPS , so you can track your way back to your camp or vehicle
Let someone know where you are and when your coming back
Keep regular contacts with family or friends
UHF ch 40 is also a good point of contact if your in trouble as many minesites and truck use 40
UHF ch 12 is monitored 24/7 if your in the Murrin Murrin area this base has a range of about 40kl
A PLB / EPIRB is cheap insurance if things go bad it could save your life or someone else

Stay safe everyone
Yer I think I'll wait,gees if I get bogged I won't have anyone to help me.i won't be risking it.Thanks for warning us mate

Latest posts