Just Saying Hi and Hope to Learn Something

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just another new person to detecting, even though i don't yet own a detector.

Hopefully i can learn a few things here and figure out what machine to get and how to prospect for fun and see where it all goes.

Cheers,

Matthew

Hi mate. Im new here too but have detected for a while. If you can afford it go for a GPX 4500 or a GPX 5000. I own a 5000 but they are both great machines.

Welcome Matthew.

You've found the right place for starting out detecting, we have plenty of experienced guys on here who are always willing to share knowledge and advice.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and be sure to check out some of the previous topics as they are filled with useful information.

Cheers,
Nugget

Hi Matthew and welcome. There's plenty of free advice on this forum to help you make your decision as to which detector suits you.

Welcome to the forum Matthew, great step forward in joining the forum. Here you will be able to see many different reasons for choosing a detector suited to the type of targets you will be searching for.

You will also get an insight as to the better type of locations to pursue that great detecting hobby. Use the information within the forum wisely and I'm sure success will soon follow you around. Best of luck and i look forward to your input.

Cheers Wal,

Welcome to the forum Matthew, you will get great unbiased advice here on what detector you need and lots more ! Tap in to the wealth of knowledge available and you will be finding gold or coins and relics in no time
Regards Bill :cool:

welcome Matthew i'm sure you will find this crew is very helpfull and full of knowledge hope you find some yellow stuff real soon.

PS we want to see pics

Gidday Matthew - you will really enjoy this forum as a new detectorist - the forum search engine will probably answer at least 50% of any questions might you have. Cheers Jed

Latest posts