Just a cool little trommel setup i came accross

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeh for sure, i think its more weight these guys are concerned with when they carry this stuff a few miles down deep valleys. cool use of plastic though :)

I kike the idea of perspex so you can see whats happening. Definitely would need to be upscaled to handle your shovel kman

Had to laugh at the tiny rocks coming out the end of the trommel, (he was only testing the machine of course) hope he dosnt plan on putting any of those big rocks through the machine though. Good effort at building his own trommel, there's lots of satisfaction in building your own stuff.

I agree think its teh work thats gone into it that makes it cool. Asnfor processability one of those highbankers dialed in properly would process 10 times the material

Yep the perspex is a exellent idea and i think that shovel would proberbly weigh more than his whole set up :p i. Would have no quarms lugging that up and down steep banks all day :D

Hmmm...I like it, but like has already been said, it's not designed for a high feed rate.
However I'm not sure about the drop in height has in the sluice sections...perhaps if the water fell into a small catch tank that overlows down the sluice. Or perhaps a reverse ramp riffle.
But in saying that, he has plenty of length there and it sure is a skillful build no question. I'd be stoked if I put that together, and no doubt he catches plenty of pretty yellow!:)

Latest posts