Jed & Di intro

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed

Jed Bartlett
Reaction score
Hi All
Looking forward to being a member of this forum & meeting up with any Canberra based folk.
Di & I are newbies to gold/relic detecting.
I drive a GPX5000 & Di drives a CTX3030 :)
Cheers
Jed & Di

Thanks for the confirmation that the gear is good - we thought it best to buy the smartest boxes of electronics to improve our chances. Mind you you still have to put the coil over the gold/relic piece & dig it! :lol:
Jed

Jed said:
Thanks for the confirmation that the gear is good - we thought it best to buy the smartest boxes of electronics to improve our chances. Mind you you still have to put the coil over the gold/relic piece & dig it! :lol:
Jed

Yup!
You have done your first bit of studying and got great gear, now the real research part comes in!!
Welcome aboard!

Gold miner said:
Jed said:
Jed

Yup!
You have done your first bit of studying and got great gear, now the real research part comes in!!
Welcome aboard!

Thanks Gold Miner.
I would love to have a swing in your area some day.
Passed thru the Palmer River Roadhouse in Sep12 (on a tourist trip to Cooktown) & saw some very nice bits of gold for sale.
Now to do some real research on prospective areas! :lol:

Yeah we sell that stuff to Andy so he can sell it on and show that there's still gold here on the river!!

Well done Gold Miner.

The area beside the river at Palmer River Roadhouse looked really great as a camping spot.
How was the wet this year? It looks like a serious amount of water comes down the Palmer River!

By the way did they ever find that missing prospector who disappeared in Aug/Sep12?
I was camped at a mates place in Gordonvale.

Jed said:
Well done Gold Miner.

The area beside the river at Palmer River Roadhouse looked really great as a camping spot.
How was the wet this year? It looks like a serious amount of water comes down the Palmer River!

By the way did they ever find that missing prospector who disappeared in Aug/Sep12?
I was camped at a mates place in Gordonvale.

Yeah the Roadhouse is a great spot to rock up, have a beer, a good nights sleep, and find out some info on the area...
There is gold there, just wander and look fior the rock bars with your pan....
The so called wet season this year was the wierdest ever??!!
We've been in mining in Feb, yet big rain in Apr....
It looks like we might even get a cyclone maybe next week???
In MAY??!!!!

The missing prospector...... His name was Bruce.
He was a neighbour of both myself and another member here, Palmer Digger....
No, his body has not been found, but we know he is out there...
One day, the people responsible for his death will pay their debt for murder,,
One day, we will find Bruce, and let his family bury him in a proper manner..
One day.......

Sorry to hear about Bruce & that the culprit has not been caught.

My mate at Gordonvale says the same about this years wet season.

Next time we are up your way I would like to shout you a beer or two at the roadhouse.

Back to researching prospective detecting spots around Canberra :lol:

Welcome to the forum Jed and good to see the Canberra connection growing. Good luck with all the research and I hope the detectors get christened pretty soon...Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal - trying hard to get the detectors christened! :lol:

Latest posts