It was a matter of time

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all.
My name is Shane. I found my first two nuggets in cue back in 1995 when I was 6 or 7. It was on a trip with my grandad George, he done lots of prospecting and mining in his younger days as did his brother trout in sandstone. On dads side of the family they have been picking gold up off the ground since before metal detectors came along, my dad is not a prospector though. So it was only a matter of time before I went and had another go at prospecting. I have spent a good amount of time camping everywhere in wa from bush to beach so my camping skills are pretty good. Anyway grandad left me some money when he died so I bought a Garrett AT pro to look for some coins, I found 36 gold rings in a couple years and I was looking to find more gold. I started out with an ATX and found a few nuggets over a year and a half or so and then I got a GPX5000 second hand. I was finding gold much easier. Now by chance I happened to meet a professional prospector ( before I got my first PI as he has put me on all the gold so far) as I was getting keen but in a completely unrelated circumstances. After an unfortunate event he left the country and decided he would not be prospecting again. That all changed when we decided to team up this year to see if I was any good at it. We had a pretty impressive run with over 2000 nuggets and 50 or so species for about 20 ounces in 9 weeks. Now I'm hooked and ready to get out there for a lot longer next year.
Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, there's some great advice on here from experienced prospectors. I still have lots to learn and I'm sure this forum will be a great help. I will do my best to offer tips and advice where I can.

On yer Shane! :Y: :Y: Sounds to me, like you have a great deal to offer mate!...Welcome !..interesting story , yours mate.Ihope you might let us in on some others! :Y: :cool: ...Rossco.

Hi

Welcome to the forum. Read and post lots so we can all read what your upto you will never be judged here. Great to have you along for the ride.

Latest posts