Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

All I can say is wow.

What an amazing forum with such supportive and like-minded people within it.

My name is Hollie and I live in the ACT. I have just moved here with work and have been doing research and seeing how many gold fields there are in such a small drive from the nations capital.

I have only ever panned as a child and absolutely loved it. I am looking at purchasing either a Minelab Eureka Gold or the minelab X-Terra 705 (gold pack). I have read the pro's and cons of both, but was wondering what other people in the ACT and close by NSW regions are using and if they would recommend one over the other for this specific region?

If there are any groups that get together on weekends in the ACT and head out together, I would love to tag along to meet more like minded people around the area.

Thank you so much for the work everyone on here is putting in!

Welcome Hollie, your living in the right spot, forum wise we have plenty of prospectors around the ACT that can give you helping hand. Cheers Balx

Hi Hollie. Welcome to Prospecting Australia.
As Balcx said, you live in the right area. There are plenty of members in your neck of the woods as well.
Sorry I can't help with the metal detector choice but I'm sure some of the more knowledgable members will help you out.

Cheers

Ramjet

Welcome to the form Hollie. Though we haven't much gold in the ACT it self, we are fortunate to have some very productive regions within a 150km radius. The Canberra connection seems to be growing quite steadily and there's a good chance that some of us may be organizing some casual get togethers at nearby gold fields as a meet and greet.

Several members already head out to Oallen Forde most weekends, and this is a great place to hone your panning skills on the flour gold the region is famous for. The Sapphires of Grabben Gullen and Wee Jasper are also just over an hours drive away.

Best of luck with it all and hope to see you on the stream some day.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts