introducing myself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gadgetman45

Derek
Reaction score
Hi, I am Derek, I live in Perth Western Australia, I am retired & would like to do a bit of beach prospecting, I have an old Garrett A2B, but will upgrade when I have learned what I am doing.

Welcome to the forum Derek.

Beach prospecting is great fun and we have plenty of members who are right into it. I used to do quite a bit myself but lately have been more focused on historical hunting as well as a bit of gold chasing.

I hope you find the info here useful and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Cheers,
Nugget

Welcome to the forum Derek, A lot of history from Perth all the way down to Albany, with some great beaches, so detecting will certainly be a pleasurable way to spend some hours. Even the Gold Fields are within easy reach, and can add to the challenge. Hope you find some great reading within the forum and best of luck swinging the wand.

Cheers Wal,

Thanks everyone, WalnLiz, mentioned among other things, the goldfields, which reminded me of when I first thought of prospecting, it was 1987 & I went & got my Miners rights & went to Kalgoorlie for a long weekend with the wife & kids to "find some gold", I found plenty of metal Ha Ha, but no gold, had a White 6000D detector, was the first & last time I used it, I was so naive & disillusioned, now it's 2013 & I thought I might give prospecting another bash, but only for coins or jewellery etc this time, I've only an old Garrett A2D at the moment, but will probably buy a AT Pro soon.

Latest posts