If I only remember............

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beagleboy

Milan
Reaction score
I have crushed a piece of rock the other day just for the hell of it, not thinking there would be any gold in it. It turns out I was wrong. I bashed it a bit in the mortar and just quickly panned it under a running tap. I hope you can see the gold in the picture below as it was quite a bit from such a small specimen (about 30 specs).
Now if I only remember where I picked the rock from. LOL

1440584711_image.jpg

Sleep on it BB,... ask yourself for the answer three times before bed,... and let subconcious do the rest. :)

A similar experience, found a 100+ carat stone and if its real its a nice stone. Cant recall where I picked her up as I have a habit of picking up rocks and putting them in the centre console! There were more around I just picked up one because it was pretty. Didn't realise that size matters. Now if I can only remember where I was.......

Lol.....nice color, is that a couple of nice course pieces to the right of the pan in the pic?

Judging from the light color of the crushed rock its no doubt a quartz sample with little ironstone contained.

Would that be a clue?

I bought myself a whiteboard texta marker so i could label my 10ltr bunnings bucket samples with gps co-ords and dates of attainment.

Easy to rub off for the next batch, but dont let the buckets rub in the back of the car on the way home. lol

Latest posts