I cant find a local office to obtain a permit NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kawman

steve wardle
Reaction score
I have visited our local gov offices trying to get a fossickers permit... At the first building I rang a bell and sometime latter a head poked out the door looking like we had just woke him up.. He brushed us off and sent us to another building down the road... It was 12-30 and it was unattended... Has anyone got an address that we can post our submissions for permits to and actualy get them prossesed in NSW.. I also rang the gov help line... I went thru all the usual press this and select numbers ect.. After 10 minutes of time wasting all I could do was leave a message.... I am sure that nobody will reply..... :)

Thankyou for that.. I will need a permit to go some places local to us in the manning/glousester area... I have been very carful so far picking out of sight places that keep us out of the locals plane sight.. A lot of them hate the mining in our area especialy on the river system.. :)

Yeah I read an article on the locals around the Karuah River area voicing concerns on possible mining affecting the river & the company had only just put in an exploration application.
Very touchy around there - still I can understand their concerns on a large scale & wanting to protect these areas but don't understand how a detector, sluice & pan etc. would be any cause for concern or reason for shutting us out! I don't think a lot of people fully understand how we go about our fossicking/prospecting & think we are going to move in with loaders etc. They watch too much TV I think i.e. "Gold Rush" :lol:

Today I found out that for all fossicking permits for NSW Forest in the north of the state you have to contact the Forests NSW at Wauchope NSW
I called the Castle Hill office & was directed to Wauchope
Thanks
Pete

I got mine from the Dubbo office & it covers the whole state. Sounds like some offices aren't up to speed with the permits now covering statewide?

Same here, Dubbo office was very helpful, got my statewide permit also, within 48 hours. Can all be done by email after calling.

Finaly sorted out... I sent off the dough today.. The Wauchope office is not on the official gov info site.... No wonder we have had problems.. I will have my permit ASAP... The other good thing for me is that my mate is a black Aboriginal elder... He can do anything he likes in the forests and they cant touch him..... We will dig anyplace we like! ;)

I called Wauchope,Dubbo & Bathurst where the lady knew what was what. She did know all about it & was very helpful.---not your typical public servant who could not care less

Took my $22 & issued it on the spot for the complete state. For a year.

Also got a map for all SF locations $6 +2.50 post

Easy after all the crap to wade through to get onto the appropriate person/ department

As a matter of interest how can you identify as being partly of aboriginal blood.

I imagine that it would be hard to prove your aboriginality if you were fair haired with blue eyes.

I.E. Mr Mansell in Tassie

He is a black man right to the bone... Does not drink, lives very clean and is a very nice old black person.. We have half bred black/white kids sent up from the city and they have hooked up with the white kids and O brother what a mess.. I went round with some of the black locals a years ago and we now have things sorted.. They leave me alone... I am 100% white.. That was how I met him... He is one of the local elders and keeps them in line.. ;)

I went to school with a full blood & a nicer fella you would meet.

Did you see the new show on the abc called first footprints .I recommend it. It is on I view for the next 2weeks or so.

Pete

Pr2cv said:
As a matter of interest how can you identify as being partly of aboriginal blood.

I imagine that it would be hard to prove your aboriginality if you were fair haired with blue eyes.

I.E. Mr Mansell in Tassie

Mansell is a deadset crook. When we did the gas mains reticulation of Tassie, we had to have a meeting with him to sort out an agreement for the works we were doing. He couldn't care less about our work, just came straight and said if we don't pay them money they will make our life hell. Blokes like him just give the genuine aboriginals a bad name.

DD

I have known a few like him.
My theory is that like any race of people, you find most are wonderful and a very few are aresholes .
Nothing to do with race, colour, religion etc. Some people are just aresholes.

My permit arrived today from Wauchope.. Unfortunately it only covers the central districts on the coast from moony moony and right up to stuarts point, then out to armidale and tamworth.... USE THE DUBBO OFFICE TO GET THESE PERMITS.... 8.(;)

The forestries application i downloaded first told me i had to pay $ 110 and have public liability insurance to 20 million

Dubbo Branch sorted out that crepe and are emailing the application to me , cost is $ 22 she said

whew !

Latest posts