Howdy!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, great forum! Been lurking for a couple of weeks and have really fast tracked my knowledge of the elusive golden stuff! Thanks to all for the really informative topics and the willingness to help others out with this fantastically addictive pass time!
I'm a mad outdoorsman, living in the North East of Victoria, love to hunt, fish, 4wheeling and camping and bringing up our family (two boys 7 &4 and 15month old girl) with as much time outside as possible. My wife is madder about prospecting than I am! She has always wanted to get into fossicking for gemstones and the like so thought I would do something for her, with me being out chasing deer around for the table regularly.
Purchased a pan, sniffer bottle and vial to hold some should we get lucky......well after finding some colour :D it's all over....we are definately hooked!

Cheers,
Elusive

Good on ya mate, welcome to the forum.
It being Sunday, everyone with a Pick, Pan,Shovel, or Detector is out and about pullin in the winners, and we don't know where they are, but, most of em will be home for tea, except the die-hard diggers camping on their digs for the long weekend ,.... it's like a ghost town in here on a Sinday Mornin, was a bugga I slept in and missed the wagon train to Eldorado. :)

Welcome to PA. Sounds like a great combination, wife out finding the gold and you find the dinner. Great environment for the kids, all ours camped from months old and still do with their families.

Welcome to PA mate, that bio sounds like me except all my kids are well and truly grown up now. Whereabouts in the nth east are you?

Thanks for the welcome guys!
G'day scrounged, I'm located in Wodonga mate.
Happy to say me and the mrs have found our first few specs..... Very happy with that, even a couple of very small (tiny!) nuggets all by panning. We must be doing something right! :D

Cheers,
Elusive

Welcome to the P.A Forum Elusive (like some of them Sambar are), gotta love a bit of Bambi on the plate, nice place up in the N/E, I was living up there a couple yrs back in Corryong.
I can see a good bit of friendly competition coming up between you & you wife if she is that mad about prospecting, good luck to you both, hopefully alot of colour & gems to be found.

Thanks Ozziii ! Yeah it's a great place up here if you like your venison ! Corryong is full of Sambar as is the rest of the North east. Just finished processing two deer from weekend before last, freezer was empty, but no longer, 25kgs of snags, some steaks, mince and just finished a batch of Jerky!

Yep, there will be plenty of competition between me and the mrs I reckon! Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Welcome to your new addiction, good to see your straight into the panning, nothing worse than finding it then losing it cause you cant keep it in the pan good luck & hope you find more than you can carry. :)

Latest posts