How to Kill a Snapper

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firegirl

Teresa Charchalis
Reaction score
step 1
catch a snapper, or two (and a morwong, if so inclined)

step 2
have wife, who thinks she's a lovechild of Tetsuya cross Neil Perry, slash that snapper and pepper it with sesame ginger garlic & white pepper until it resembles something akin to one of the angels from Revelation (ie one of many eyes)

step 3
have wife roast the hell out of said snapper, then drown it in soy, rice wine vinegar and other chilli condiments

step 4
wish your wife understood the concept of KISS (keep it simple stupid, NOT the band), and pray next time she simply salt and pepper the fella, wrap it in foil, and bake it gently at about 220C, to bring out the sweet natural flavour

DONE! ;) :cool: :lol:

1367763409_snapper.jpg

I'll take the one on the right thanks :D. Nice and simple (and funny), I like it.

C'mon Wal, you really think they are that bad? They could'nt be the Galah of the sea. :)
For me that's Aussie Salmon, yuk.

One of my fav fish are the Bream in the Hastings river, dunno why but they seem fatter
and juicier than any other I've caught. There's a little Jetty at Sancrox oval I go
if I'm in the area, great place.

Agree with you on the oz salmon mate. ;) Those "Northerners" seem to have the better end of the stick (unfortunately). Bit hard to beat the old Coral trout ..or Emperor..or..Thread fin Salmon..or..Mangrove Jack....unfortunately the list goes on a long way. :( In saying this I think we "Southerners" are faaarrrr better fishermen..That'll set the cat amongst the Pigeons. :eek: .Cheers Wal. :D

Hey firegirl, that snapper looks really good. Did you use anything to stick the sesame seeds and spices to the skin of the snapper - maybe a dredge in beaten egg white before rolling the fish in the crust mixture?

WalnLiz said:
Especially if you smother it in all kinds of spices and boil a rock with it..lol...Cheers Wal. :)

lol, whats that joke?
Goes something like:

Add gramms of this,
Gramms of that,
Teaspoon of this,
Pinch of that,
Add fish,
Add rock,
Cook slowly for four hours or until rock looks soft...
Remove from heat, throw away fish and eat rock....

Something like that anyway! :D