How to get partying posums out of my roof?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever you do Dave just make sure you don't end up with dead possum rotting away in the roof or one of your walls ,..... can get a stink up that keeps on keeping on lol. :eek:

Occasional_panner said:
Can you post or pm some pics of the house?
I do three or four of these jobs a day, it's not rocket science.

No, wont be posting any pics of my house on a forum,lol!
Ill get hold of a trap tomorrow, trap it, or them, and take em for a drive, crawl around my roof, and put some wire up.

Don't bother taking them for a drive, they travel 10km a night and always make their way back home.
Fix the entry with gal sheet or colourbond, they will chew chicken/bird wire.
If you're not sure if they are using an entry point lightly screw up some newspaper and lightly scrunch it in a suspected hole, they will go out at night and push it out, indicating which hole is being used.
Being a prey animal, they are reluctant to go out on stormy nights as their hearing is compromised, just like when you go rabbit shooting there are always far less when it's windy and stormy.

BTW if you trap them in the roof with a cage beware they will piss everywhere when you carry the cage down the manhole, so put it in a garbage bag before going down the ladder.

When I caught a few (cat cage using bananas), I took them North of the Yarra and let them go, hoping they wouldn't find their way back across the river.
I then heard that folk from North of the Yarra do that in reverse :D
They (the Northern folk) should be shot when caught :D

Get up there when they are out with a bottle of cloudy ammonia. Sprinkle it around and they wont come back. I cant smell the stuff but they hate it :) works a treat mate. Oh yeah make sure you sprinkle some near where they are getting in too

Daggy said:
.22 Lr hollow point!
No need to hurt them mate, they are just looking for somewhere safe to sleep.
It's simple to get and keep them out if you follow the right procedures and keep your roof in order.
More often than not most people don't even know they have possums till neighbouring possums start a war to take their territory, then the big fights in the roof make people aware of their presence.

1504606330_screenshot_20170905-201132.jpg

]:D ]:D ]:D

Worse than i thought, just came out of the roof after hearing the "possum" bloody palm rat looked as startled as i was!
Baits now up there, will get some traps tomorrow.

Actually just ordered some Poss Off -$22-95 post-$10-00.
Hope it works. Our garage roller door has been home for a few families of possums over the past 23 yrs.
I'll just spray it into their doorway and that should keep them out.
Jaros :eek:

Latest posts