how many of you have a 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the beauty of the Landcruiser is it all comes standard. No $50.000 surprises after you buy. Thats why they call them LANDCRUISERS.
Bulldog.

Land Rover said:
C'mon LAND ROVER owners unite,, B strong Were the ones they call on when there bogged ect.

L/R
LOL.....they dont even make good artificial reefs. What dosent rust just floats away..... :lol:
But in all seriousness Landy's do come in handy....to fill in a hole for us to drive over...
,,,,hmmmm "thought to self"...Did I go overboard and maybe offend a Landy owner..?????
Nah I dont think so.

My 60Bus as I bought it.
$750 :D

1369095335_60bus.jpg

Okay dare I admit that we have a old Kia 4x4 and it drives hubby to work reliably except the heater leaks coolant, cant have everything lol we have driven on dirt tracks but thats all the 4x 4 its done.

That looks like a great home on wheels ivanll. Are they good on fuel. Not that that probably bothers you, you always seem to pick up enough goodies to pay for that. :) Cheers Rick

ChrisM said:
Land Rover said:
C'mon LAND ROVER owners unite,, B strong Were the ones they call on when there bogged ect.

L/R
LOL.....they dont even make good artificial reefs. What dosent rust just floats away..... :lol:
But in all seriousness Landy's do come in handy....to fill in a hole for us to drive over...
,,,,hmmmm "thought to self"...Did I go overboard and maybe offend a Landy owner..?????
Nah I dont think so.

Hey chrisM,
Not even close.....all that matters is if it gets you there and back its a good day.
We never leave anyone behind .....ever......unless they bag our Landrover just before they get bogged.........He He He.
Cheers Chris
Thesmithy (Brian)

I reckon if your game enough to buy one in the first place, doing a 100 cliks in one should be a dawdle in the park.

The old landies aren't renowned for there top end speed at the best of times. A 186 powered landie going down hill with a tail wind and red lining, you would scratching to get a 100 klicks an hour, I'd say with the gearbox conversion I put in it I'd get 120 kph easy at about 3/4 throttle. Once the steering is rebuilt it'd handle a hell of a lot better. :) Mick

Hey Mick I dont remember those railings, or is that on the top side of the diggings, I remember very large bouldlers and a bit of waterfall towards the main creek.
I know where an old fourby is, a Land rover that is fully intact, could be good as a restoration. I was thinking of towing it out and doing just that.
Not too mention it is in the middle of a gold field and a few shafts are dotted around it. The owners of the property dont want it as it was left there from previous tenants.
The rover has an alloy chassis I think, I could be wrong.
Cheers
Brad....

The landrover had a steel chassis and firewall, the military version had a galvanized chassis.
Brad, this photo was taken before the big flood, where I'm parked is where we camped, all those trees and scrub in the background plus the tree and fence were flattened.
:) Mick

That flood sure made the place look totally different.
This Landy is in pretty good shape and I think the boys are going to push it down a hole along with a lot of other rubbish.
Brad...

axeman said:
The landrover had a steel chassis and firewall, the military version had a galvanized chassis.
Brad, this photo was taken before the big flood, where I'm parked is where we camped, all those trees and scrub in the background plus the tree and fence were flattened.
:) Mick
G'day Mick, Is that the 7 mile diggings at Nanango? My family have lived in Yarraman for a long time. My sister and bro in law own a block between Yarraman and Cooyar that has a gold bearing creek on it. I'm not sure if anyone has prospected out there for a long time. I am going to have a pan around out there next time I'm down. Cheers, Rick

Latest posts