Home Rule NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pr2cv

Peter Routley
Reaction score
Finally getting away,tomorrow.

The ladies are keen for some time in Mudgee,so I thought I might head out to Home Rule as the girls hit the shops.or around Gulgong.

Any spots out there worth a pan or Swing.

We are then off to Windeyer for 4 days then on to the Sofala/wattle Tree Flat area for few more.

First time out with the A/T Garret and the Walbanker based sluice.

Pete

Most of the land at Home Rule is under the management of the Home Rule Common Trust or private. There are a few no trespassing signs about but some other unfenced areas you could try but I have heard they don't like people fossicking out there & by rights you do need the Trustees permission to fossick on Commons. You could pull up & ask at one of the houses out there - I don't think it is the fossicking that is the real problem but there is a lot of junk scattered around the bush in places so we pay for other peoples wrongs.
I had my first go with the GMT out there around some old diggings I found but only got trash. Haven't tried the creeks but it is a place I want to go back & try again.

Latest posts