Holden Sandman - it's back!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
yep as said above , its not anything close to a sandman ,

All it is , is a commodore wagon with some stickers on it , and id be willing to bet money they will charge you an extra $10,000 odd for the stickers and dodgy crap looking furry seats over the price of a commodore wagon .

Was only saying the other week I don't know why Ford and Holden don't start making PROPER panelvans again , I bet they would sell a heap of them.

Yep another piece of cr@p like the new monaros.just another commodore with a different sticker kit.but this one hasn't even got just 2 doors?. Never remembered any 4 door Sandman's.if they wanted to revisit the past with this perticular model and shape they would have been better of calling it the new kingswood station wagon.this would more fit what I am looking at.thanks holden for another laymo-mobile

k man said:
Yep another piece of cr@p like the new monaros.just another commodore with a different sticker kit.but this one hasn't even got just 2 doors?. Never remembered any 4 door Sandman's.if they wanted to revisit the past with this perticular model and shape they would have been better of calling it the new kingswood station wagon.this would more fit what I am looking at.thanks holden for another laymo-mobile
I didnt mind the monaro tho , least it was a complete new vehicle shape , this Sandman as said above is just a comodore with stickers and is way of the mark.

loamer said:
Here's a blast from the past. I'm sure there will be a lot of happy memories recalling jaunts in the back of the Sandman. Bring back drive-ins, bottle sized cans of beer, duffle-coats and Countdown!! Ahhhhh - the Northland Drive-in, Bruce Lee movies and parking right at the back.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/i...-shagpile-carpet/story-fnjwucvh-1227280516599

Hehe, yes the good o'l days mate!

I remember well the 'dusk till dawn' sessions at the drive-ins, parked backwards with the tail gate up, a few mates, a few chicks, passing the joint around and laughing at Cheech and Chongs, 'Up in smoke'.
Mates with sedans coming through the gates with 5 people in the boot, who then pile out into the back of your van when parked.... lol

The old clunky speakers you had to hook on the window, then they got all high-tech and brought in the aerial clips so you could run the sound through your 4 speaker Alpine tape-deck stereo.

You were totally extra cool if you had a mural on the side of your van with tinted 'bubble' windows, chrome dragway mags and a Statesman grill.

Ahh, I miss those days, thanks for the memory jog mate!

r1xv0j.jpg

2py1e11.jpg

;)

Chewy said:
I used to like the look of the Camaro front end on them to.

Always wanted one of them, but in my early years at Uni I never had the $$.

Trans-am front end wasn't it??

Mine wasn't a genuine Sandman, but a custom HZ, 253 with an Aussie 4 speed....spent every last cent on a 308 manifold and Holley double pumper with extractors!

My old man bought a sandman off a guy to cart greyhounds around when i was a kid. He sold it because he kept getting pulled over by the cops. :)

It comes with shag pile carpet, that's the last thing i need in a car at the beach.

I don't like it ,,, im too old school for wanna be fakers ,,,, id rather drive my 69 hardtop vals ,,,

Either way it will be the last genuine factory Sandman from GMH's production line!

Might be worth a few bucks in 30 years time as will the VF GTS etc?

Metamorphic said:
Either way it will be the last genuine factory Sandman from GMH's production line!

Might be worth a few bucks in 30 years time as will the VF GTS etc?

Literally only a few dollars. The classics replaced by plastic. It is insulting like spitting on your Grandad. I shudder to envisage some tike struggling with a deadline crumbling under pressure fresh out of design grad being renumerated for this particular concept. Not only is it unappealling its insulting.

Shame holden shame on you.

The gts series has carried with class, distinction and appeal since its inception. Ill forever be endeared with holdens despite the guff they churn out occasionally like this half baked sandman. Forgiveness is given for hsv concepts and long standing appeal right from the early days. Overall the GM range from the start to modern times reminds me of a well dressed lady with pretty face with terrible teeth, Fords legacy however is much more like a menopausal housewife with a shiny diamond bracelet.

I have 2 old eh wagons tucked away. I defy anyone to hate them.

Back in the good old days I had a HQ Van.
Did have a half assed "Worked" 202 in it. :rolleyes:
Got the upset bowls over that so stuck a 4 bolt balanced 253s and 4 speed in it. Also had side pipes on it. 8)
Nothing else, Just a set of Recaro buckets and console.
Looked like a piece of bowl movement but, ;)
Not a lot of idiots could work out why it went so well. :D
Completely would drag the backside of the damn coppers who thought they were in nothing but the best but absolutely loved seeing boofheads in there worked up tricked up Torana,s dissapearing in the rear vision mirrors. :lol:

Latest posts