Hilux Sw4 2011

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Joao, we don't have these in Australia. We get the same as a utility version. See the link.
However they are highly regarded in Australia as a very tough truck. Especially the older models. I had early 1990"s model dual cab many years ago and was very happy with it.
There are few treads on this forum discussing the Hilux and other.

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...al=car&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel&sortby=TopDeal

We do not have that body shape in Australia , but I would say the engine and drive line is just the same as the hilux's we have here , and I would say it would be just as good and reliable .

Some of the D4D engines had injector problems. They are expensive to fix but great reputation out here otherwise. Low Kilometers, should be good.

The chip would make me cautious as some are not configured correctly and don't change all the required parameters or use all the original sensor information for setting fuel and boost levels, so see if you can check locally on that unit. Talk to the manufacturer & check the chip warranty or google for reviews.

I don't know about others but the only reason for me to chip an engine is for more power which means I'm going to work it harder.

Good luck.

Some of the chips for Diesel engines just pump more fuel in to the engine to get more power. You end up with higher fuel consumption and more smoke out of your exhaust. They are not that good for your engine. I would look in to that chip for sure. :)

THank you BeagleBoy,
It seems that cars in Australia there are much cheaper than here in Brazil!
Brazilian tax Drugs :mad:

Dirtdemon said:
We do not have that body shape in Australia , but I would say the engine and drive line is just the same as the hilux's we have here , and I would say it would be just as good and reliable .

Thank you friend for the information !!

slowflow said:
Some of the D4D engines had injector problems. They are expensive to fix but great reputation out here otherwise. Low Kilometers, should be good.

The chip would make me cautious as some are not configured correctly and don't change all the required parameters or use all the original sensor information for setting fuel and boost levels, so see if you can check locally on that unit. Talk to the manufacturer & check the chip warranty or google for reviews.

I don't know about others but the only reason for me to chip an engine is for more power which means I'm going to work it harder.

Good luck.

thanks for the tips my friend!
I'm glad you commented! :)

Latest posts