highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveo1

Steve
Reaction score
Hi can someone please give me some information on using a highbanker in nsw. Eg can you use one and were. Thanks regards Steve. :cool:

Hi Steveo1, many to and fro discussions on the topic in the past. Its a grey area depending on how you read the rules and prob best kept that way given no one has ever been prosecuted that I know of for hobby high-banker use in NSW. Simple rules.....use on Crown Land or "permission granted" private land, don't flow your sediment directly back into the creek, don't dig holes in banks, leave the area the way you found it and do remove other peoples junk if you find any so we don't get a bad name. If we all stick to these rules there wont be too much pressure to clarify the rules...which will inevitably see the end of hobby highbanking.

Once my walbanker is finished its going out to be set up on a creek on a mates property out in Stuart Town ..
It wont be the only one in the area and not the last one either.
My mate and I are putting in a new septic tank , which means a deep excavation to build the underground tank.
Unless a neighbor complains and some idiot from the council or what ever comes out to investigate I dont see any issue. What you do on your own land if with in the law is with in your rights as owner. If the by product is cleaning the dirt as you go who has the right to stop you washing your dirt .
Seriously keep with in the letter of the law and you should not have any reason to worry .
You can dig a hole wash the dirt and replace the dirt back into the hole from what you take out.
Best way to look at it is do no harm and what you do do make sure you put it back as best you can to how it was before you found it.

Nundle guy is the least of problems, Carp Cops are a tad overzealous at protecting the slimy creek they call the Peel

Ha nucopia when you go out to stuart town to use your highbanker love to go out and have a look and see how to use one. Regards Steve

Gday Steveo
Im still putting it together with a mate but once its finished its going out west. I still have lots of things to do before it gets to the set up and start working stage. But working on it.
I imagine the first few trips, i will be learning from a local who has a sluice set up on his plot by the creek.
His sluice is a little different set up to the walbanker but his a nice bloke and really helpful , so Im hoping to learn a lot.

MJB said:
who's Nundle guy??

Nundle Guy was the bloke everyone was warned about at the Nundle PA meet...... local property owner making a big fuss over prospectors in his "territory", apparently shooing off prospectors with false claims about not being able to prospect in certain areas, putting up false signs saying no prospecting etc, with a rumour he or his mate were caught dredging etc. Basically a pest who would send the town broke if he had his way by sending unsuspecting prospectors packing their bags with bully tactics.

Nucopia that be good to meet up out at Stuart town as i don't live far from there. I go detecting out there a fair bit

Latest posts