Hi from Poona!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qlden

Den
Reaction score
Hi All,

Yeah I know, where the #### is Poona? On the coast behind Fraser Island.

Just found this forum when googling "Gold Detecting FNQ"

The wife and I have been detecting for a couple of years and for some reason have

headed across to WA from March to October fishing our way there and back. We also

head to the Kimberley Coast for a months R&R (fishing)around July/August.

However due to fuel costs across and back, we are now thinking maybe we could do a similar

trip around FNQ/Cape York.

Have any forum members got any advice on this or is there a club in Cairns that head out regularly?

We got our detector from George at Miners Den so will try hitting him up for a bit of info.

Also it appears we should also look into panning and sluicing, so lots to learnand lots of research needed.

Cheers for now,

Lin & Den

Hello Lin & den welcome to the forum. I lived in Poona 2 years ago on snapper drive it's a good Little fishing town , I'm sure all your questions will be answered by the more experienced members you have joined the right forum good luck on your travels regards jono

Welcome to the forum Lyn and Den. Sounds like you have that spirit of adventure well under control. Big place to see is this land of ours, and when you combine the passions of fishing and prospecting then a lifetime isn't long enough to see it all.

Hope you get a lot of useful info from the posts, and look forward to sharing the adventure....best of luck with it all,

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts