Hi Everyone!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Kristian
Reaction score
Been interested in prospecting ever since I was a kid but never had the opportunity to try it out.

Moved to Sydney and finally decided to give it a go, got hooked when my girlfriend and I dug up our first sapphires out at Oberon mid last year.

Still a complete newbie when it comes to all this, been lurking on forums and absorbing as much information as I can find but this only gets you so far - there is nothing like getting out there, having a go and meeting new people along the way!

Think I need to invest in a new car though - all these trips are pretty hard my poor Mazda 3 :(

KB

Welcome to the forum KGB :) awesome name :) I take it has nothing to do with KGB lol

thanks wooster! :)

LOL! nope, no russian secret police here. My mates call me KB, but I needed to register a name with 3 letters to KGB it is :)

Welcome to the forum KGB...glad you explained yourself as was worried i might have to sleep with one eye open tonight. :eek: Easy to get hooked on the Sapphires around Oberon and the gold out that way isn't too bad either. Much information can be sourced within the forum but if you can't find something specific, just ask, and i'm sure some members will have your answers ...best of luck..Cheers wal.

G'day KGB, I'm in Sydney too, I was just thinking the same thing about another car for me too.
Ford Falcon XR6's make a terrible prospecting vehicle. :)

Gedday and Welcome KGB .. Two things in your favour mate, .. You'll get all the help and info you need right here, just ask .. And, .. lucky you that the 'Boss Lady' shares your interest! .. A bit worried about the Mazda3 though, ..
You could try a really serious Lift Kit and set of 17" Chunky Style Wranglers!

Good Luck to You.

Thanks Wal :) Been up to Inverell (Sapphires) and out to Hill End/Sofala detecting but all I ended up with was increasing my horseshoe, wire & spent bullet casing collection... :D Trying to increase my knowledge and improve my prospecting tools. This place is a virtual goldmine :)

Heatho - Yeah I can't imagine the ground clearance would be too good on the XR6 either :)

Palmer Digger - LOL! The 'Boss Lady' is half my size and sometimes I swear she moves twice as much dirt as I do. I suggested to one of the 4WD enthusiasts at work that I should put a snorkel, winch and lift kit on the Mazda - you should have seen her eyes :)

Thanks Dogmatic, ChrisM & Tone for the welcomes - hope to see you all out and about sometime!

KGB

Latest posts