Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

New to the site, I am 38yrs old based in Victoria I am interested in starting to do a bit of detecting.
All the information/tips i can get and find on here will be much appreciated.
Looking to get myself a detector in the next week or so, but not sure what, only have small budget, around $400, going to start with looking for coins ect in parks, beaches ect.

Thanks New Digger

Welcome New Digger!

Good luck with the new detector! I hope it results in a few good gold finds as well :) Always plenty of help available on these forums. These guys really know their stuff.

Take care,
Shauno.

Thanks Syndyne

I have been up your way before quite a few years back in search of Opal, a relative of mine has a claim up there.

Now i wanna try my luck hunting for a bit of the yellow stuff ;)

But going to start of slowly at the cheap end and see how i like it, such as looking for coins, jewellery ect.

Welcome to the forum Digger, I'm sure that reading through the posts many questions you might ask about detecting will have a variety of useful and informative answers. Good luck on your eventual choice and hope it sparks a life long interest in a great hobby.

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts