Hi all, I'm from Wagga Wagga.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just talking to my dad about all stuff detecting and thought I'd join the discussion. I'm from Wagga Wagga, I know nothing but will be pleased to read all the stuff you guys and gals do in your pursuit of the yellow stuff. I love the outdoors, and being in the bush and I really do hope to do more of it as time goes by. Don't have a detector yet, although we, dad and I have been looking at different ones lately. I look forward to reading all your stuff........Happy swingin'.

Welcome to the forums Rowdy, I'm sure that as you get into it you'll find heaps of valuable info in this forum.
Plenty of NSW members who will no doubt also assist.
Cheers T.

Hi Rowdy, fellow waggarian here :)

You found the right place. I'm a recent newbie too and I've learned heaps from the members on this forum.

Let me know when you get a detector, i have a couple of spots near lake Albert for relic hunting, your welcome to tag along.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to gold.
But you have Adelong and Tumbarumba area.

I just got some panning equipment, I'm planning on hitting Weejasper soon.
As well as Tumbarumba.
And later I'm planning on heading to Bendigo with stops at beechworth and Yackandandah.

Rowdy Relic said:
Thanks I might take you up on that offer stoney any idea of a good cheap detector and where in and around Wagga I can pick one up
Yeah Anaconda has a couple of x-terra detectors last time I was there.
I don't know much about them, but I'm sure a search on this site will help.

I just lined up a new place to search, it's out Big Springs way and was an airforce training bombing range in the forties.

I'm not sure what's there, but the guy who owns it has found heaps of training ordnance laying around.

I used to have family who trained at the old uranquinty air base during the ww2 who may have used the bombing range. Might have to give it a run over myself when I get metal detector thanks for that.

I worked for a few years at Kapooka military base, and I still know Colonel Hay.
I was considering asking him for permission to sweep a few sites on the base, but the amount of brass in the found their is just ridiculous.

Plus they probably wouldn't let me leave the base with anything.

Ooh ooh, I also have a good mate who is related to the crowley's at Monte Cristo in Junee.
He is going to try and get us hooked up.

It would be a dream site if no one has ever gone over it with a detector.

The Drifters said:
We Wagga members should have a meet and greet maybe. We could use my workshop if anyone is interested.

Rod :)

Sounds good, you can count me in.

Hey guys, Currently living and working in Sydney, but hoping to come back to Forest Hill at the end of the year.

Count me in for any trips when I come back home.

Latest posts