help please with stewart brook newby

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cleapatra888

catherine weiss
Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how to get in touch with a private property so i can pan for sapphires and gold without looking over my shoulder for wildlife people i don't ;) know were to camp im so confused.please help me to find the right spot all i have ids the map i got on here and google earth.

After re-reading Nuggets thread on the area it sounds like a difficult one. You could just knock on a door or 2 and ask, they may say yes or just simply say no. East of Tomalla there are Sapphires and Rubies but I have not explored the region yet so can't really give any places to try.

Failing that I'd recommend going a bit further up to Nundle, there is camping or cabins, it is a fossicking area. If you drop into the info centre there I'm sure they'll help out. I've never tried there but will sooner or later.

Inverell is awesome but a long way.

cleapatra888 said:
Can anyone please tell me how to get in touch with a private property so i can pan for sapphires and gold without looking over my shoulder for wildlife people i don't ;) know were to camp im so confused.please help me to find the right spot all i have ids the map i got on here and google earth.

G'day

I agree that the very best of method is to knock on doors. the property owners are often friendly and helpful - more so that you would imagine. If the place you want to fossick is not on their land they will be able to tell you who owns it and how to get there. I have used this approach so many times and only once have been knocked back. I have even had owners tell me the good stuff can be found. If you just go on to the land and are found out then even a bloke who would have been more than happy to let you on if you asked will more than not just chuck you out.

There is a ruby mine in that area somewhere. I don't think they will let anyone on that patch.

Araluen

cleapatra888 said:
Thank you so much i am gem struck i want them and i am goi ng to find them loving :p life now cath

I agree they sure are addictive. I'm gemstruck too.

As Araluen said could be a difficult area to gain access, always worth a try though.

If you are mainly interested in gems and can travel the extra distance to Inverell to the Sapphire parks you will almost certainly find some Sapphires and Zircons. It's a great town also to stay for a few days.

You can camp at the park which has toilets and basic bush showers and all the equipment such as sieves and buckerts are provided. It's pretty safe for kids and it's on private property for $25 a day inc camping. The owners will also show you what to look for.

I've done a few trips up there and have found some very nice stones.

If you're keen on Inverell just send a PM and I can send you some detailed info.

Hi Catherine - I am a new forum user. I am going to buy a metal detector soon. I saw on here somewhere that you were looking for interested people to join you fossicking. I feel the same & want to feel safe in company. I am a female also and live in East Gosford - from memory, I thought I saw that you also come from Gosford? Worth a try asking you. I have done a lot of gold panning in the past so have a lot of experience in that way & the equipment to boot. I panned in Victoria. Now I want to fossick around NSW, preferably on the occasional weekend including holidays as they come up. My user name on here is Chellbells. Anyway, if anything I have said is of interest to you, it would be lovely to hear back from you. Marie.

Latest posts