Hello I am a South Aussie Newbie needing advise.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello I bought a MD 20-40 Beginners Metal Detector and as soon as I went to Hindmarsh Falls and touched the ground the first time I found something!.....but it turned out to be a coopers pale ale bottletop. I turned trash off and had power/sensitivity on full. How do I concentrate my signal for Gold fossicking? I have no idea what I am doing? Is it good to go around creeks that no one looks at or is it better to stick to Jupiters Creek/Echunga? I live near Victor Harbor where there are plenty of beaches but although on occasion I could find coins and diamond rings. I would prefer to find a little (or big) nugget. :Y:

Gday chev... and welcome to the forum. :)
heres a video link for ya from on Utube
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5LAppb3zY38
That'll get you closer to all sorts of vids on how to use your machine... and how to hunt with it.
video upskilling is a sit n wait opportunity.... so grab a coffee etc and bunker down while ya soak in all the info. :Y:

1517107854_11.jpg

G'day chev1977 welcome to PA all the best when you get out there. If your ever in Vic check out the members meet up's hopefully you time it to join in the fun.