Hello from newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Met this young guy Dale at Minelab even at Maroubra beach last week
and got inspired to give it a go and learn more.

What to get a GPX 5000 but might start with a Eureka.

Interested to go around Bathurst area to start,
join some clubs and have some fun. From Inner West Sydney

If anyone is going out and wants some company my son and I would like
to join in.

Cheers Gino

Welcome Gino. You've picked an enjoyable and often rewarding hobby to get involved in. We have a few members from the Bathurst area so finding some one to show you the ropes shouldn't be too difficult.

If you have any questions just ask, our members are a friendly bunch and are always happy to share knowledge and advice.

Cheers,
Nugget

Thanks everyone

looking forward to learn and share knowledge.

Was thinking if possible to be able to share equipment
what do others think about the possibilities of detectors being shared if not being used all the time?
As would love to try out the 5000 and willing to exchange for doing so.

Cheers Gino

I'd say your chances of borrowing a GPX 5000 from anyone is rather slim, mainly because of what they're worth and depending on whether or not they know you personally. I'm sure one of the locals would be willing to provide you with a live demonstration out in the field someday.

Welcome to the forum Gino, much information can be sourced from within the threads of this forum, together with some quite entertaining and amusing reading to pass a few spare idle hours. Hope the forum helps speed up your knowledge of the prospecting game, and look forward to how your experiences unfold.

Cheers Wal, :)

Latest posts