Hello from Midwest USA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just wanted to say hi! Have been watching this forum for a while, from time to time. Don't live where you can prospect for gold, at least not without driving south a couple hours drive. Bought me a Gold Bug-2 back around about in the mid 1990s.

Over the years have enjoyed reading stories of gold prospecting in Australia. In the past I took a couple trips living out of my car in SW USA, mostly Arizona but even back then was very slim pickings. Do some rock hounding once in a while, have found a few Indian stone tools on our property.

Hi AKA welcome to the forum. For a lot of it is 2 hrs plus to get to good ground. I have to travel at least 4 and then i want a rest. Fossick later on.
Enjoy your time here.
Jaros :p

Welcome to the forum love watching videos from the u s on gold prospecting big nugget territory over there.

welcome i wish i could drive only 2hr but its worth it i would love to find an stone arrow head i think they are cool any pic would be great

G'day AKA,

After two days you'll be talking Australian, that's how it affects a Yank who joins this forum. Fair warning! I'm from Indian territory (Oklahoma) and live in the Choctaw Indian portion near Fort Smith AR. As you will see by my posts, I'm looking forward to the trip/week of a lifetime in March, when I will be in the Golden Triangle, VIC. I know the guys would love to see any arrowhead pictures you post. More specifically, do you live in Arizona presently? Spent a few years there in the 70"s in the high country, and look forward to getting acquainted.

Cheers,

Glenn

ezpacer said:
G'day AKA,

After two days you'll be talking Australian, that's how it affects a Yank who joins this forum. Fair warning! I'm from Indian territory (Oklahoma) and live in the Choctaw Indian portion near Fort Smith AR. As you will see by my posts, I'm looking forward to the trip/week of a lifetime in March, when I will be in the Golden Triangle, VIC. I know the guys would love to see any arrowhead pictures you post. More specifically, do you live in Arizona presently? Spent a few years there in the 70"s in the high country, and look forward to getting acquainted.

Cheers,

Glenn
You know, if I type my mother's maiden name in the OK Dawes Final Roles, it will come up for Cherokee and Choctaw only, a little over 1 page of results. Because US census records were altered for women who married into a White family or probably adopted children also, really no way to confirm any heritage in some cases.

normeves said:
welcome i wish i could drive only 2hr but its worth it i would love to find an stone arrow head i think they are cool any pic would be great
I live near the edge of what used to be an Indian village with quite a history. About a 1/2 hour drive west of here is a town nicknamed "The Princess City" named after Tecumseh's brother's daughter (Mishawaka) who was a Shawnee princess. It all started right here with the land treaty in FT Wayne, hour and 10 minute drive SE. Tecumseh got other tribes to go fight in wars a couple years before the War of 1812 with Britain. Harrison got an Indian fighter up from state of Virginia, by the name of Col Jackson. Jackson's first orders from Harrison, to take out the village that was near our house. The tribe allied with Tecumseh had already left the village, so he burned the huts, later settled starting a town just east of us on the Miamis River (now called Elkhart river).

Tecumseh said he would go to the British, Col Jackson found British newspaper and ammunition in the huts before he burned them. I find a lot of flint scrapers from a rock pile we raked out of the yard and garden after building on the property back in 2006. Found a nice gun flint also, colors are light bluish starting one side, turning to light amber near the center, other half goes immediately to a dark amber.

lucky streak said:
Welcome to the forum love watching videos from the u s on gold prospecting big nugget territory over there.
People who are lucky enough to live in S California and Arizona an area that often gives up a nice nugget, whether 2 1/2 ounces or over 1 lb. they all look nice in photos and videos.

Where I live, during the ice ages, gravel was moved down leaving gold in places. It seems to be the flood plains that concentrated the gold, at the edges of melting glaciers. This would be 2 hours south where limestone bedrock is found or 5-6 hours for better gold fields. Up north near the state line of Indiana/Michigan, there are a lot of quartz float rocks you can find. I've got one nice size rock with a white quartz vein running through it. Macro close ups, after much enlarging show some color, but it still is micro particles. You could never find enough for to be practical, have a rock crusher.

Latest posts