Hello from Canberra

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I signed up a couple days ago and thought it was time to say hello.

I have never prospected but am currently in the process of buying a Fisher f2 metal detector. It seems like a great hobby to get me outdoors with the kids doing something fun and interesting. :) I'll mostly be detecting around local parks, lakes and creeks, but hope to do the occasional day trip to surrounding areas as well. I am not going into it expecting to find much of value, but the occasional coin wood be nice. I enjoy finding random things and wondering how they got there and would love to find some older items from years gone by. :)

I am also planning to spend Christmas at the snowy mountains and am considering getting a gold panning kit as well. We will most likely be staying in dalgetty along the snowy river and think it could be fun doing some panning. Again I am not going into it expecting to find much but would be cool if we found a small nugget or even some flakes or two. Will be doing day trips to various areas around the snows as well.

Anyway I thought I would say hi. :)

G'day Sarn. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your endeavors. Snowy mountains sounds like a nice place for holiday.

G'day and welcome to the forum Sarn. Good to see another local taking the plunge, and I'm sure you will find it a great family activity. Hope you get some enjoyable reading from the many informative posts within the forum. Look forward to your involvement and hope the relics and coins flow freely.

Best of luck out there ,

Cheers Wal.

Welcome
A new member called ' jindy gold ' joined recent , maybe have a chat to him if heading that way.
All the best...barney

Welcome aboard Sarn, plenty of us Canbrights on here and we're in a lucky geographical location for Gold and Gems. There's also plenty of coins and junk to keep you busy at the local parks and down by the river. See you out there

Cheers

C&L

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Can't wait for my detector to arrive (hopefully next week) so I can get out there. :)

Latest posts