Hello :D

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skysie

Skye
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I live in the outer suburbs of Sydney, married and have a 6 year old son. I haven't done any prospecting or fossicking yet - I have been reading about it online quite a bit over the past few months, and i'm looking at getting a detector, starting off with a garret ace 250 ( they seem to the popular beginners detector - if anyone here can recommend something else, im open to suggestions), to give me something to do while we are travelling around with our caravan, or using it while 4 wheel driving with our family on weekends.

Cheers

Skye

G'day Skye, welcome. The Garrett is a great beginners machine, if you upgrade you can hand it over to your other half or son. Plenty of tips and trick on here to get you started in the wonderful world of prospecting. Good luck. :) Mick

G'day skysie I have just started out detecting and have an ace 250 I am finding it to be a good machine. It's easy to use and you can get a lot of tips and tricks here and on the net to set it up for different situations. I think you wouldn't be disappointed with the garret

Thanks guys - ended up being on the forum until 2am this morning reading lol - lucky it was a public holiday, wouldn't have functioned all that well dealing with clients wanting to know about tax refunds on 4 hours sleep!

Welcome to the forum Skysie...hope you can gain lots of useful info amongst the posts, and if you need any info not posted don't be shy to pick the collective brains of the members...Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts