hello and hi and gold sluicing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all first ever forum I have ever had a crack at. Read them all the time but never tried out.
I would love to get into washing a bit of dirt on site but have to ask; does anyone have any advice on a practical gold sluice I can buy that works ,and is easy to carry.
Done metal detecting but have seen various youtube vids that look a heap of fun.
Any help info would be great. We live near Kyneton Vic so we are close to the golden triangle.
Thanks.

Hey Goldtruck
Welcome
Have to agree with Nugget. If I was buying my first sluice it would be a Mackirk.
Seems from all I have read that they catch the very fine gold.

Rod

goldtruck59 said:
Hey all first ever forum I have ever had a crack at. Read them all the time but never tried out.
I would love to get into washing a bit of dirt on site but have to ask; does anyone have any advice on a practical gold sluice I can buy that works ,and is easy to carry.
Done metal detecting but have seen various youtube vids that look a heap of fun.
Any help info would be great. We live near Kyneton Vic so we are close to the golden triangle.
Thanks.

Hi

Welcome to the room :)

did you try detecting but gave up due to a lack of results for your area ?

best wishes

Welcome to the forum goldtruck, you will find that being a "member" of the forum opens a lot more avenues than just sitting on the sidelines. Advice on all things prospecting related are now only a question away, and the dedicated member base is only too willing to share their experience.

Hope you find that being personally involved with the forum helps you gain a broader knowledge of prospecting, and in turn greater and more consistent results in your outings. Best of luck out there in the paddock,

Cheers Wal.

thanks a lot for the welcome. Its great.
We just thought we would have a crack at gold sluicing after seeing Wal and Liz on Youtube!! We detect as a hobby mainly for the history and fitness.
Anything outdoors amongst the ironbark forests is for us.

Latest posts