Hello all.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonc2861

Jason c
Reaction score
G'day all,got directed here from another forum,to learn as much as I can about metal detecting/prospecting,so far have narrowed down to a garret Gti 1500 or the Gti 2500,, but that could change with some good advice!would love to just detect down the beach,parks etc,need to learn a lot tho,where your allowed,etc.thats why I'm here,,so a big g'day! :)

G'day Jason, I'm not up on all the brands and models but welcome all the same.
Most beaches should be ok, if you are taking junk with you who can complain?
I pulled some big fish hooks out of the sand the other day, I'm sure I did someone
a favour. Careful of needles.

I'm sure the other members here can help you decide on a detector.

hey there Jason and welcome to the forum ... you will find a great bunch of people here

cheers

Hello Jason. I am a newby as well and still learning my way around this forum. The members are very freindly and more than willing to assist with any queries. Enjoy the ride.

GOFORIT :cool:

Welcome to the forum Jason. Hope you get a lot of answers from this forum that weren't as free flowing on the other one mate. ;). Let the guys know what info you need, and I'm sure you'll get the honest answers you're looking for. Best of luck out there and look forward to sharing your progress....Cheers Wal. :)

Welcome to the forum Jason.

I haven't used either of the GTI models as yet, but going by the specs there isn't a great deal of difference between the 1500 and 2500. Hopefully one of the guys familiar with these models will be able to provide more of an insight on which one to get. Feel free to chuck out a few questions, the guys here are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience.

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Welcome Jason, you will find answers here to your questions, many experienced and not so experienced detectorists will help you out as much as they can, welcome aboard, look forward to seeing a few pics of your finds. good luck
Regards, Tone

Thanks fellas,,going to spend the day tomorrow reading through your site,to learn as much as I can before I go annoying you with my newbie questions :) thanks for having me! :cool:

Hey Jason, only new too, there is so much good stuff to read, great bunch of friendly people! :) Welcome! :)

Latest posts