Gumboots

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well damn. I've had a pair of gumboots for years, I probably bought them from Kmart or something.

I bought another pair recently from the salvos because I couldn't find my normal ones.

Oh my god, what a difference. These things have proper soles, your feet don't get sore as quick. And most importantly, it is easier to smash down on your shovel head with your foot without your foot getting smashed.

As they say, you get what you pay for. Although that said, they probably cost the same but over was new the other second hand.

I cut down a spare pair that were obsolete so I could use them as gators. Very easy to put on and wear.
1642215221_b8b9edda-15d3-4963-b37f-bd8bda9f8466.jpg

1642215221_1c2f0af3-2c23-4b32-b780-2f08ef0c7462.jpg

MUCK Boots are another popular Thermal Gum Boot / Wellington, they make a full range from normal Gum Boots to ones that are for Sub Zero Temps,

Then when it is extremely Cold Baffin make the Ultimate Wellies LOL / Gum Boots, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just bought myself a pair of 'Sloggers' good solid rubber bottom with rock grip soles and wetsuit material for the upper section, super comfortable and warm for creek work, just ordered a pair for the missus, but got to wait until Feb, she's not happy :mad:

Latest posts