Group buy is anyone keen?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziggy

Peter
Reaction score
I've had a look around the threads and I could be wrong but has anyone brought up the idea of a group buy.
It's something to think about if a number of us need one particular item or a number of different items and organise a discount with one store. Just a thought what do you think, could it work?

I thought if a particular store with a large variety of stock got involved a forum member discount would work really well. Nugget what do you think, your trying to get more vendors sponsoring the site, maybe it would be a small incentive for them to get on board. I'm sure if I was offered a discount being a new member that needs a basic kit of stuff I would look at their store first. It would suit me to buy from one place and not have to stuff around at a few places.

I've thought about approaching some of our registered dealers regarding a forum member discount and would be interested in looking into it further should the demand be there.

Cheers,
Nugget

Maybe an idea could be to let the registered dealers have a "sticky" thread & add any deal they may offer forum members such as 5% discount, free postage over $100 spent or whatever they could do? They could also post any specials they may be having at any particular time?
Similar to what Aussie Detecting has done already:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14

To be honest I try to buy what I can locally at Nuggets from Down Under in Mudgee but have purchased things off the internet for my Whites detector as they don't stock/deal with Whites gear. Unless there was a big difference in price (& they always seem to be fairly competitive) I would continue to do this but can see a need for dealer info as on a lot of forums members don't always appear to have a physical store close by so seem to inquire about & buy a lot of gear online.

I have also noticed on forums that if someone is looking for something in particular a dealer usually jumps in & offers them a good deal anyway. :)

Registered dealers already have access to the dealer directory for that very purpose :D

Latest posts