Grizzly got poisoned and is in a bad way.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R.i.p grizz

This 1080 crap has seriously effected my prospecting.

Can't even take ya dog for a walk in the bush.

1080 in an uncontrolled environment should be banned every where. with all due respect to MT, but being a residual poison there is NO control over where and what it kills.
I had to use it to control foxes on a property 40 years ago and the controls and protocols I had to follow were VERY strict. I had to "bait" the area with non poisoned baits for 2 days, then the lands dept guy injected the 1080 into a set number of baits which had to be laid out in a grid fashion overnight, at 1st light the next morning we had to retrace our steps over the grid and retrieve any uneaten baits and handed back to the lands dept bloke to be destroyed.
What do they do with it now, chuck it out of an aeroplane by the handfull at a 1000 feet, and just leave it. Don't worry about what else it kills so long as we get the dog/fox that's killing/eating our valuable sheep.

Perfect example is the Flinders Ranges in S.A. used to be 100's of wedgetailed eagles, now you're lucky to see 1 or 2 in a week :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yep, that's what I think of rules n regs written to minimise the impact prospecting has on the environmental..

Latest posts