"Good-Best" garden sprayer 12 litre capacity

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anybody recommend one. I need a 12 litre one. I was looking at the Stihl 12 litre one but after reading the reviews I'm not so sure anymore.

Heck!! I cant believe how many different brands are around. :eek: :awful:

Must have adjustable nozzle and those heavy duty O rings.

Thanks.
I'm looking to see if anyone actually has one or used one long term.

There are so many around and I want to make a good choice.

Nylex
Aqua
Silvan
Stihl
Bushranger
Solo
Hardi
Osatu
Inter

And there are probably more as well.

robmoto said:
CRT rural supplies 10 ltr about 80 bucks you can get all the parts if needed CRT had mine 15 years and its still good.

Hi robmoto. If you mean Combined Rural Traders, the closest to me is WERRIBEE SOUTH FARM SUPPLIES. I called them today and he recommended the Inter.
It's a bit exxy plus it is 16 liter capacity.
May ring again tomorrow morning.

Silvan Made good orchard and paddock spray units. Not sure what their small backpack units would be like though. Just check that what you are getting is nto a chinees rebranded unit and that you can get replacement parts.

jethro said:
Silvan Made good orchard and paddock spray units. Not sure what their small backpack units would be like though. Just check that what you are getting is nto a chinees rebranded unit and that you can get replacement parts.

Hi jethro. I reckon most of it will be cheaply made in China.

I think the inter is made in Spain. I like the specs but at 16 litres capacity plus unit weight it may be a bit much for a lazy weakling like me.

I read a review from a contractor that used the Cheapie Aqua from the B tore and he reckons it's great.

Sorta leaning towards the Bushranger at the moment. $99. Even the woman at the mower shop said "most don't last more than 2 years for commercial use, we turn the Bushranger around to regulars every couple of years"

Suppose it's a raffle in the end.

Ive got a silvan 15 ltr back pack for home its over 20 years old still going strong .
We just bought a new silvan pro series 15 ltr back pack for work , cant fault it , its comfortable , robust and I like the adjustable brass nozzle. Bit more expensive at $179 but you get what you pay for .

Booney said:
Ive got a silvan 15 ltr back pack for home its over 20 years old still going strong .
We just bought a new silvan pro series 15 ltr back pack for work , cant fault it , its comfortable , robust and I like the adjustable brass nozzle. Bit more expensive at $179 but you get what you pay for .

Was just checking it out. Thanks Booney. Looks like a good unit. Tempting.
I'll go look at this and the Bushranger tomorrow morning and take it from there.

I have used this type for years.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/silvan-16l-rechargeable-backpack-sprayer_p2970560

The wand got swapped out for a brass one that has a very fine mist nozzle on the end, but the stock ones work just fine.

The problem with ANY of these units it leaving material in them.
Lots of sprays are suspension concentrates, when you let them sit they build up on surfaces inside and block them.
Pesticides are specifically designed to attach and stay there
So if you leave spay in your tanks and wonder why it doesn't work a month later then that's why, yes you can wreck them in a month.

Even the crap ones will be fine, just rinse them out and run warm water through them after use.

Read the label/msds if it has SC then make sure you rinse. Things like pyrethrin can be left in the tank.

Edit, this is the first Lithium type I have used, the previous ones were all sealed lead acid, this new one has gone 9 months so far no problems.
I wish they didn't change them from lead batteries they were just fine.

My problem is the tanks get brittle from uv after around 5 years and they crack when banged around in the tray.

If you want to change the wand/trigger/nozzle to brass it will cost that much again just for that, but it's a one off purchase that will last a lifetime.
I got mine from Agserv in port melb.
Each time you get a new sprayer just swap the wand over.

Hard Luck said:
jethro said:

Hi jethro. I reckon most of it will be cheaply made in China.

I think the inter is made in Spain. I like the specs but at 16 litres capacity plus unit weight it may be a bit much for a lazy weakling like me.

I read a review from a contractor that used the Cheapie Aqua from the B tore and he reckons it's great.

Sorta leaning towards the Bushranger at the moment. $99. Even the woman at the mower shop said "most don't last more than 2 years for commercial use, we turn the Bushranger around to regulars every couple of years"

Suppose it's a raffle in the end.

Just fill it to 12 litres, you don't have to go the full 16 litres and I suspect that unit weight is going to be close to any other sprayer.

I have heaps of Ryobi tools / batteries so went for one of these.
about 2 years in and all good.
1601613449_rr.jpg

avoid the Stihl, I bought one and now won't use it due to the poor design on the hose connection between the lance and bottle. The damn thing leaked all down the back of my leg, luckily I wasn't using a calcelgenic chemical at the time.

I have a Croplands boom sprayer for the paddocks, excellent quality. They do backpack and garden style units and if their boom sprayers are anything to go buy I'd say they'd be well worth shortlisting.

My advice, dont go the cheapest.. you get what you pay for. With nasty chemicals you want to be sure the sprayer has integrity and won't leak over time. Also going a reputed brand means pump and lance parts are available.

Hard Luck said:
OK. Thanks all.
I bit the bullet and went for the Silvan 15L ProGrade. 5 yr warranty.
I'll see how it pans out.

Good choice it's their primary purpose for being in business :perfect: :clap:

RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:
OK. Thanks all.
I bit the bullet and went for the Silvan 15L ProGrade. 5 yr warranty.
I'll see how it pans out.

Good choice it's their primary purpose for being in business :perfect: :clap:

True RM Outback.

But there are a few reviews where the pump has locked.

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/silvan-bakpack-sprayer-pro-series

Plus all the flyers for the product on their website feature a stainless steel wand. Granted, on the box it only shows the fiberglass one. But I didn't stop to inspect the box when I purchased it. In and out of Bunnings as quickly as possible.

I'd say slightly misleading advertising there. May bring that one up with them.

Latest posts