Goldtalk Leonora videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the Video, great to hear a good honest review from someone with that many hours on the 6000, it's obviously great on old flogged out patched but I'm keen to hear if Lisa has detected on new patches and if so is she finding bigger bits at depth?
It seems a lot of 6000 users including myself are focusing on their old patches and continually pulling deeper small stuff so there isn't really a need yet to find new grounds yet.

ProspectorPete said:
Thanks for posting the Video, great to hear a good honest review from someone with that many hours on the 6000, it's obviously great on old flogged out patched but I'm keen to hear if Lisa has detected on new patches and if so is she finding bigger bits at depth?
It seems a lot of 6000 users including myself are focusing on their old patches and continually pulling deeper small stuff so there isn't really a need yet to find new grounds yet.

Hi Pete...short answer is no....she has been busy working just this one patch. It's a bit warm over here at the moment so she only gets 3-4 hours a day on the ground.
My thinking is at if it's pinging the little ones at depth then there is no reason why it won't get bigger bits. It's very hard comparing the 6 and the 7 and whilst I know the 7 'has more grunt' I am battling to think of a scenario when I would prefer the 7.

If you look at the vast majority of prospectors and how they go about their metal detecting it would be fair to say that it comes down to a couple of weeks bipping
a few times a year.....and I m guessing that over East it can be more of a weekend activity??? For metal detectorists falling into that category I can't see why you would consider any other machine??....forgetting of course the money!!

Dave's Office said:
Goldtalk Leonora said:
Lisa has spent 200 hours plus on the new 6000...this is her thoughts....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQno80rBIww
Yeah, great vid Tony, more food for thought. :Y:

cheers Dave....the machine has surprised us both....the sdc surprised us as well but it was pretty obvious pretty quickly it didn't have a lot of depth capabilities.
I'm not getting that same feeling with the 6.

Personally finds found in old flogged ground I don't put much bearing on a detector's capability, purely as if I'm having a lazy day I'll re do old patches with same machine as many times before and very rarely do i not come up with new targets. The light weight of the 6 is certainly appealing without doubt, but the price being pretty close to a Z works the opposite. Be interesting to see if it pulls gold types that are invisible to other machines ;) Great vid and review Goldtalk and great to see it's something you both enjoy together:Y: Lisa appears to be a "real gun" with the machine :Y: How have you found the 6 regards EMI ? :|

Diginit said:
Personally finds found in old flogged ground I don't put much bearing on a detector's capability, purely as if I'm having a lazy day I'll re do old patches with same machine as many times before and very rarely do i not come up with new targets. The light weight is certainly appealing but the price works the opposite. Be interesting to see if it pulls gold types that are invisible to other machines ;) Great vid and review Goldtalk :Y: How have you found the 6 regards EMI ? :|

Twitchy....we don't really get much up here in Leonora as a rule....mainly atmospherics. Most machines get a bit jumpy but my thoughts are that the 6 more so than most. There has been a couple of times when you can't use it. It's not that surprising given what we are asking it to do. I know what your saying about going over old ground....and it's not actually something we do a lot of...we are usually chasing bigger gold....but it does give me a good handle on what it can and can't do. It's a bit like using a test bed (in my opinion only)...mostly pointless because once you know there is a target in place you WILL here that target....even if you don't! So there would definately be a small percentage that other detectors would have gotten but the 6 is absolutely nailing it...on this ground chasing this gold. Is it a "gamechanger"??? no way...it works well and may be worth every cent to some but it's not the giant leap forward that I hope to see one day.

Diginit said:
Personally finds found in old flogged ground I don't put much bearing on a detector's capability, purely as if I'm having a lazy day I'll re do old patches with same machine as many times before and very rarely do i not come up with new targets. The light weight is certainly appealing but the price works the opposite. Be interesting to see if it pulls gold types that are invisible to other machines ;) Great vid and review Goldtalk :Y: How have you found the 6 regards EMI ? :|

The GPX6000 finds EMI very well :) It picks up EMI that most detectors can't but then it also picks up tiny nuggets that other detectors can't so if you can put up with an annoying almost continually noisy machine then you'll most likely detect more targets. I bought ours for the last winter trip away and even though I was only there for 5 weeks (Mrs M didn't go) the detector has paid its self off. Keep in mind I was on good ground and the GPX4500 may have done better had I been swinging it.

Thanks Goldtalk I asked as have a mate who's very experienced swinging one in the triangle and he commented on the EMI. The old ground also I have found that at times it's perhaps not even the new detector getting deeper but in fact the gold is becoming shallower also ;) :p I always give my known patches a once over after a good rain. Again thanks for your feedback :Y:

Money box you have basically echoed my mate in the Triangles findings and thoughts re the EMI :Y: :Y:

Diginit said:
Thanks Goldtalk I asked as have a mate who's very experienced swinging one in the triangle and he commented on the EMI. The old ground also I have found that at times it's perhaps not even the new detector getting deeper but in fact the gold is becoming shallower also ;) :p I always give my known patches a once over after a good rain. Again thanks for your feedback :Y:

Yea.....we use some fairly large cat gear to 'gain some extra depth"!! It's more reliable than the rain over here.

Yep much quicker than erosion ............................. thousands of years in a few minutes :p

1642493360_case.jpg

Good video thanks Tony & Lisa. I find that last bit is really hard to get because if I try to dig more off with the machine, apart from the damage to the gear, I end up with mostly hard lumps that may or may not have gold but are too hard to process through the dryblower.

Moneybox said:
Good video thanks Tony & Lisa. I find that last bit is really hard to get because if I try to dig more off with the machine, apart from the damage to the gear, I end up with mostly hard lumps that may or may not have gold but are too hard to process through the dryblower.

Hi Phill,

You get a bit of a feel for it I find. First you need to work out if it is transported cover.....look for the presence of pisolites (black ball bearings) and then see how far you
need to jackhammer out a piece. For me....a few inches...say down to 6ish and I'm not that interested...prob just a flow that has settled, the snot has got wet over long periods of time and the gold has sunk in a bit. But pick up a nice piece down a foot or so and there is no way I would walk away without lifting the cap....it's tricky though...the laterite mineral shields like an absolute bastard and you could easily be swinging over an ounce piece down a foot and not even know it's there.

Pulling the cap is no good for dryblowing unless you added a crushing circuit....too hard. Most of the time we have had gold in cap it was all coarse and no fines anyway.

Latest posts