golden triangle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone been out over Xmas with photo and anywhere new like streams showing gold dunolly, tarnagulla, maryborough avoca. Show us your new finds and where roughly you found it.

LOL, You crack me up.
Here is three spots.

1419839371_dundun.jpg

PS, if you want to weigh all the gold you got at the Tarnagulla burns there is a weighbridge in Maryborough.

Lucky, you'll only get lucky when you do some of your own diggin',.........and I'm not talking about dirt my friend. I spent over 12months researching for the trip to Amherst, Maryborough, Donully and Tarnagulla and came away with a 0.31g nugget. Was all that research in vain....not a chance because now I know why I only found that one piece. So look out next time !

1419848627_img_20141229_212250.jpg

Here's a legit freebie if your ever around these parts. There's a dam about 750m away for washing got a couple grams here puddling. First in first served. Rumor has it some eye popping nuggets came from here too if your willing to swing 8) (multi ounces the story goes). That's as close as I get to sharing buddy, as good as within 20metres of my actual dig. There's a million diggings within a 5 km radius. Cheers GT. ;)

All I hear are the same questions over and over again, not only here as well. How about using some initiative and research for a change, rather than trying to take the easy road by gleaning free info off the forum members all the time. There is no magical spot to find your big nuggets, if there were, I assure you it would be a closely guarded secret. Successfully finding gold will come with time, experience, and a healthy dose of research on your part.

Further threads/posts asking for locations will be deleted, unless you have something constructive to bring to the forum. :rolleyes:

1419859065_screenshot_2014-12-29-23-32-27.jpg

1419859294_screenshot_2014-12-29-23-40-48.jpg

casper said:
:mad: troll alert :mad:

Goldpick I heartily agree with you I am sick of people trawling for tips from members without any apparent work doing he research themselves I have heard it often said just throw a dart at the golden triangle and start detecting where it lands - it really is up to you your technique settings and imagination to take it from there.

I usually contribute when I have some finds or a story to tell.

Willo

I'm not against members providing constructive tips on how to look for gold, detector/prospecting techniques and detector setup/settings, and how to read the lay of the land etc, that is one of the purposes of a forum. Though I would never ask or expect anyone to provide or reveal locations of finds for blantant personal gain, and for someone to persistently ask that very question under various guises is cheeky to say the least, if not downright lazy.

Not finding gold? Well there may be a miriad of other reasons why that is the case, and not necessarily to do with the location being detected.

Goldpick, chuck this blokes name in to Google and he is asking the same questions everywhere,
and,
attempting to organize trips for newcomers with his expertise.
Not good.

Ha ha guys, I only have three tips.
First tip listen to your detector.
Second tip even more important dig holes when it makes noise.
Oh & The Third & final tip don't forget open your eyes & look down.

Mogo Creek is not to bad this time of year I hear.
Then there is Dry Creek Quaama NSW which if you want to put the yards in is reasonably good too.
Gold has been found in the Bega River as well.
But if you really want to get serious, Any where along the Shoal Haven River will keep you contented.
All these places contain a secret spot that if I am leveraged the right way will net you some gold.
Quantities are not guaranteed.

Just watch out for,
Greenies,
Angry Land Owners,
Leech's,
Roo's
Tick',s
Shaft's,
Stinging Nettle's,
Black Berries,
Wombat's, ( I kid you not)
Pissed off Bull Ant's,
Brown Snakes,
Black Snake's,
Tiger Snake's,
Death Adder's,
Copper Head Snake's,
Just to name a few minor Hazard's.
Oh, Hairy Fella's are a pretty friendly lot too.
We have a diversity of fields up around my area which to the common prospector can be very entertaining at times but still part and parcel of our great out doors.

Enjoy.

:: Redfin :: I'm off to Dunolly next Friday ... I'll follow up on your mapped 3 X's just to confirm to our good readers that people are using the forums good advice .. if I find some yellow then we will know I beat all others to those locations OR if I find none, then we will know others took up your good advice and flogged the area before I got there.

..... Que sera sera ....

Peter.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/plugins/ezbbc/style/smilies/smile.png

Hey Dreamwalking, believe it or not, those X's are good ground.
I know. :p

Latest posts