Gold! Show and tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, went for a overnighter with the good lady wife up to Tyrconnell, (been a while since we have been under the canvas) had a bit of luck with one of the crevices in the creek there! not much but its a start!

1367226101_tyrconnel.jpg

Any camping trip is a good trip mate...great result for a weekend trip and good luck on the next hunt .Cheers Wal :)

Yes John, the owners allow panning.. no detectors. if you are planning on going up there get in touch with the owners to let them know your plans. :)

Good onya mate!! Better result than that very first vial you showed me!! (I didnt need me glasses to see the gold in yer' picky!) ;)

TenOunce Tone said:
Cheers GM, I have a theory I need to run by you! Well its a bit of mat I picked up actually.. wonder how it would go on the bottom of a sluice!
3 mm ridges 1.5 mm base.. here is a link http://www.jenkinsrubber.com.au/?stg=456&view=456 ;)

Lol, yeah mate, I saw your purchase in the other thread!
Run your theory by me mate, but I'm hard to convert from the miners moss!!!
I took a drum with a couple of grams in it to a 'mates' house that was testing his new bought hibanker....it was running similar stuff...
Sure, it caught gold..... but then we put some moss in and ran the tailings bucket through...guess what....gold...

And just to satisfy 'ol mate ;) no angles or flow rates were changed between the two 'tests'.

Well you would not change it, not a real test then, where do I get this miners moss from.. I need a better way to clean up my gold, the blue bowl, the small pan etc only go so far.. need to get the fine stuff into the small vials easier, my club fingers are getting hammered.. :eek:

If you only want a small bit, I have some here I bought for the trommel.
I got it from Bunnings, I think about $37 a meter, and you can buy in half meter lengths.
Up at the mine I have a few meters of the real stuff.

Man, if you can not get down to a suitable level with a pan, magnet, then blue bowl I dunno! I started making a wifley table, but its another rainy day project!
Thats all I use?
Then smelt the leftovers.... out comes the gold?

Hmm just proof reading before I hit the submit button...

The mat I describe is for your main process palnt. (no matter what size)
It aint a finishing tool.

Have a look on you tube for the fluid bed or finishing sluice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSnSPdUcL0

Thanks GM an Rick. I am getting down to gold and a few specks. its all about the "dip finger in gold.. put in bottle" bit.. I will work it out.

C'mon mate, I gave you my patented snuffer bottle trick!!! ;)
You can use the snuffer bottle in the opposite way, ie dont get the gold, get the sands and crap.
Then just tip it out and start again! :)

And.....if you wanna go in the panning competition this year....you WILL need the 'dip finger in gold.. put in tiny vial' bit!

Well gents, I will stop my bellyaching and be greatful IHave gold in my pan! Thanks to you both for your help and patientce. Time to bend the back. fill the bucket sieve and keep on swirlin..

Gedday Tone, .. Looks like you've come a long way in a short time since your first posts and enquiries! .. Whacko and good on you mate.

May your pan continue to glitter, ay.

Gold miner said:
Are you gonna be back for the panning comp kemjack?
Not sure GM, There is a crevice near Coen with my name on it and it needs some attention so I'm gonna give some on the way home. I scored about .3 grm out of 2 litres of concentrates from it on the way up so a day or so on the way home I should easily double that by going deeper. Here's hoping anyway. Cheers Rick.

Latest posts